Author Topic: Future Organic Equipment  (Read 2711 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Future Organic Equipment
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »
 Does anyone know of a good space game that has good organic tec? I would like the source to have personal as well, multi-personal, vehicle equipment as well as starship equipment.

Thanks
MDC

PS I only read English so only English sources in other will help me.

Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline TerryTee

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Future Organic Equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 09:16:36 AM »
Can't remember how much stuff is ne there, But ICE Dark Space is one source.

-Terry

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »
I'd thought you were familiar with 2300AD.
(There are a few websites dedicated to the game still kickin' around.)
But if not, or for the benefit of others...

Under the oceans of a certain planet is (are) a (few) mountain sized creature that can change it's DNA to go forth and explore. After a time these pieces of itself report back what they have found. These aren't "individuals" but a colony collective. Eventually, these small pods evolved themselves to better explore different environments on the planet. The pods excel at studying biology and after moving to the shores, they created land forms, then took to the air. After thousands of years, they began exploring their local solar system. All of their vehicles/tools/equipment were pods, specifically designed/grown for the task at hand.  Living constructs with self-repair, limited modification abilities/intelligence and a desire to learn and explore.

Totally mastering genetics and bio-sciences, the pods are still fairly primitive when it comes to "tech" sciences. Although they have bio equivalents to  rockets, they are still primitive in electronics/computers and such. Although their bio-constructs excel at the specified task, to alter "programming" still takes time to grow.

Naturally, the pods developed a stutterwarp drive, and the first race they found; humans. The human race had never seen anything like the 5 legged creepy looking road cones. The pentapods greeted humans with enthusiasm, modifying specific individuals to better understand humans. This had the effect of just freakin' people out! Want a mask to breathe underwater without a scuba tank...no problem. Place this starfish over you face, the two eyes are hardened chitin that will become clear only when wet. A tube is extended into the mouth of the wearer to allow oxygen to enter the lungs... Flaps of skin on the sides of the creature filter water to extract oxygen.... Looks just like a Facehugger from Alien and feels as comfortable...plus, it's alive... Slowly, pentapods are learning how to better understand this new race. The most alien concept is independent individuality. Whereas each pentapod is grown for its perfect niche, they are a collective with no sense of self. Humans are confusing because they are all about self and individuality, then they slowly get programming (education) and try to find their niche.

Pentapod products work as well as their human counterparts, you just have to feed them. And how often had you been working under the hover car to find that special tool is just out of reach! Well just a whistle, and it could be slithering its' cold snake-like body around your very hand! How convenient.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Alten

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 12:39:26 PM »
I'd recommend the GURPS line. They have a Bio-Tech supplement, and in my experience their system is not that hard to adapt to ICE games.
As you wish...

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 03:51:37 PM »
 Thanks all I do have Dark Space as well as T2300 and T4 and T1. I will look for GURPS Bio-Tec as it sounds like what I need.
 I am basically looking for bio-starships, bio-vehicles and other organic heavy equipment. I have Shadowrun for the loads of bio-ware and cyber stuff.

If there are anymore out there that do have starship, Meck, vehicle bio stuff please send the name along to me so I can use it for some guidelines. Right now I am just trying to alter the rules from SM:2 Star Strike, SM2 Armored Assault and SM:P Vehicle Man.

Thanks
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 12:12:32 AM »
Oldest website still around for Pentapods:
http://www.geocities.com/pentapod2300/kevin.htm

Some spaceship stuff and good articles...
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 01:02:51 AM »
Oldest website still around for Pentapods:
http://www.geocities.com/pentapod2300/kevin.htm

Some spaceship stuff and good articles...
Thanks I have always liked T2300 and the way they put some of the tactics back into the wargame and RPging.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 01:01:24 AM »
You can also check out the new Cthulhu Tech game and just get rid of the mystic aspect of some things.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 03:22:39 PM »
 Thanks, I have tracked down some of the GURPs stuff to take a look at as well as found my copy of the new Traveller High Guard book to see some of the options they have. BTW IMO the new T5 HG book provides very basic additions to the starship construction rules but some of them are interesting no the less.
 I also am going to be looking at a friends PDF of Strategic Operation for the new BattleTech line for some other ideas.
 Thanks
MDC 
Role Play not Roll Play.