Author Topic: SW PDF series  (Read 9319 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: SW PDF series
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2009, 10:33:59 AM »
Anyone who would like to contribute to the as-yet-unnamed SW periodical series should contact me (editor @ guildcompanion dot com ) with their proposed topic. Anyone who has something that they want to see but want me to twist Terry's arm to write (instead of them) should also contact me. Note that if Terry's arm is twisted too much, he won't be able to write.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2009, 10:46:40 AM »
How about posting up lists of specific things that are wanted, so that if Terry is unable to do them (or doesn't want to, but would agree to them) others can offer?
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Eanwulfe

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2009, 11:54:53 AM »
Please be very careful how you do this quarterly report.  If you do it.  I and I like to think many other players like to run long campaign's(years even).  You get a real feel for your character and the world that character is in this way.  Now if a group of players and their GM of course is running one of these long games based on older materials and suddenly new material arrives that goes against the old material.  Suddenly players and GM need to change the game.  This can mess up a good game.  I can be argued that the new material can be ignored.  Some players can do this others have problems with this.  Thus what the group has been working at for a long time is put at risk of at the very least being tedious for a time.  Another gaming system(Lets call it Paladium) did this and now has so many books out there that noone knows what is going on.  It is hard to keep up to it without making it a job.  I was not being paid to keep up with all the info being put out there.  So I quit and went back to Rolemaster.  Which has not changed much in my roleplaying days(about 23 years worth) and when it has it has not greatly affected what has come before.  Please continue this careful of changing of things.  Thanks.