Author Topic: Individual Spell Development costs  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
Individual Spell Development costs
« on: September 08, 2008, 01:17:51 PM »
I swear, I'll bookmark this response. I feel like I've asked this before.

In RC 1 or 4, whichever, where the costs are given, in the chart under non-spell users are the costs "2x" and "4x" etc, instead of just a number. Is that a typo? Is it referring to 2x some cost? Which cost?
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Individual Spell Development costs
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 01:38:03 PM »
In the core Rolemaster product, you will find that every profession has a single cost listed for spell list acquisition (RMC Character Law, page 76 lists these costs for RMC)

For example, the Rogue has a cost of 8 and the Fighter has a cost of 20.

The core rules also say that non-spell user may only learn Open spell lists from their realm and then only to 5th level.

The options to which you are referring (in RoCo III, then expanded in RoCo IV -- similar options exist in RMC Spell Law) expand the levels to which the lists may be learned and the 5x or 3x or whatever refers to the base Spell List Acquisition costs given in the core rules.

For example, the RMC Spell Law has an option that allows non-spell users to learn Closed spells (from first to fifth level) at 2x normal cost (i.e. 16 for a Rogue and 40 for a Fighter) for each level.

Hope that helps...

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »
The options to which you are referring (in RoCo III, then expanded in RoCo IV -- similar options exist in RMC Spell Law) expand the levels to which the lists may be learned and the 5x or 3x or whatever refers to the base Spell List Acquisition costs given in the core rules.
[...]
Hope that helps...
Aha! that's it, thanks!
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:52:58 AM »
The table is also in SUC.

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.