Author Topic: Star wars Game  (Read 3391 times)

Offline jeff

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Star wars Game
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
I was thinking about running a Star Wars game using Space master, more specifically Privateers. I found this link to help transfer some things.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/thekeep/html/sm/sm_new.html

What would be a good level for blasters be good to start at. Storm trooper for example.   

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
JBailey

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Star wars Game
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 10:17:08 PM »
Jeff,
 I am little confused as you asked "What would be a good level for blasters be good to star at?" Are you asking what level in Star Wars should the blasters be rated in Blaster Law?  Such as AE 12? Or are you asking for how high a skill in blasters should you have if you are a ST?

The ST skill is a bit morer involved as IMO they also should have a lot of skills in the "combat fire" skills, such as rappid fire, suppression fire etc. Those other skills make a big difference in the ST's actions.

I think Brent Knor has some infor on a Star Wars game he ran with SM:P you might want to check out his web site listed in the ICE Vault.

MDC 
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:36:58 AM »
Jeff,
 I am little confused as you asked "What would be a good level for blasters be good to star at?"

morer

infor

Is it ok if I find this funny?!?  ;D
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:53:48 AM »
RandalThor,
 Yes it was sort of funny but as I am reminded quite often thier are quite a few non-english speakers on the boards. Infact since I am such a poor speller i often include myself in that category.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline jeff

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 11:19:21 AM »
LOL

Poor spelling leads to funny returns

My question was what level should blasters be at i.e. BE in Blaster Law.

I wasn't able to find anything in the Vaults either. O well

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:30:48 AM by jeff »
JBailey

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »
MDC

I have noticed the spelling. Something I am a freak about. Though not anywhere near perfect either -which is why I usually have Word opened also, to check my spelling. Like I said, I am a bit of a freak.

Jeff

No o' well. We got this. Here is what I would put them at:

Hold-Out Blaster: BE-2 (pg. 41, BL). Can also be used for the Sporting Blaster, but use the ranges for BE-4.
Normal Blaster Pistol: BE-3 (pg. 42, BL).
Heavy Blaster Pistol: BE-4 (pg. 43, BL) i.e., the one Han Solo used.
Blaster Carbine: BE-5 (pg. 44, BL), can also be used for the Sporting Blaster Rifle but increase the ranges by 50%.
Blaster Rifle: BE-6 (pg. 45, BL).
Light Repeating Blaster: BE-7 (pg. 46,BL) - yes the ranges are vastly different, but when you look at the description it is supposed to be tripod mounted, which usually means a
     crewed weapon.
E-Web Repeating Blaster: BE-8 (pg. 47,BL).
Bowcaster: BE-3 (pg. 42,BL), but use the ranges of the BE-4.

I think I did use the weaker of the ones I looked at, but as I feel Star Wars is a more cinematic game survivability for the characters is pretty important. The ranges are different between games, but you can just enforce the SW ranges on the SM weapons - if you want.

That being said, I would never use Spacemaster to run Star Wars. No way in H-E-Double Hockey-sticks. Star Wars is like Cool Whip while Spacemaster is like cinnamon-sugar, both are great but totally different tastes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 02:59:25 PM by RandalThor »
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:05:35 PM »
 Boy It has been a while since I looked at the Vault and it has changed a lot. I went to Brents site and thier was a small blurb about Star Wars but not as much as I remember. I will have to look on an old PC's HD to see if I downloaded the article and where it was from. You might want to do a search if you have not already on Google with Star Wars and Spacemaster or Rolemaster as the search topics.

Another way to do it is assign a Tech level to the universe and go from thier. The Empire would have the highest tec and the others might be 1 or 2 levlels behind them.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline jeff

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 12:14:20 PM »
Thank you both I appreciate the input.
JBailey

Offline DJRJ_AU

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Lost & Confused...
    • Surviving Suburbia
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 11:00:23 PM »
Jeff,
 I am little confused as you asked "What would be a good level for blasters be good to star at?"

morer

infor

Is it ok if I find this funny?!?  ;D

I've seen the films, and seen STs in action.  Definitely use Unskilled rolls for these guys.   ;D

Doug