Author Topic: How often do you create char? or an new game?  (Read 5181 times)

Offline Flymo

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: How often do you create char? or an new game?
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 01:37:28 PM »
My campaign has been running since 1999. The players have just hit level 9 and I have 2 new players to bring in at level 1 (RM is one of the few systems where this works). With good player interaction and a, some would say failed, attempt at creating a real epic story the lack of levels has never really affected us.

My original plan was that the main story arc would kick off when the players were around level 20 but I will probably have retired by then so I may need to hurry it along somewhat :)

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 10:04:14 PM »
The shorted campaign we've played was in the 8 month range. Longest... I'm not really sure, but I think it was around three years.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 10:05:17 PM »
That's around the shortest I've run, but I've played a few 1 session combustions.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline dreameling

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 04:03:29 PM »
The shortest RM campaign we ever played lasted for two or three full-day sessions (RM2). It ended because our characters died. We moved on. Our longest campaign has lasted for at least 7 years now and is still officially on-going (RMSS). Of course, our last session was sometime in 2005, and since we may never continue the campaign, I'm not sure if the last few years count. Our other major RM campaign, which is actually parallel to the previous one, started around 2001 and is also on-going (RMSS). And, yeah, the last session was over two years ago as well. In the first, I've played the same character throughout, a mage (currently L14). In the second, I've had two characters, a Fighter/Warrior Monk who died (L11), followed by a Warrior Monk/Zen Monk (L19).

Generally, we've tended to go for the long campaigns with more or less the same character line-up from start to finish. We've never passed beyond the 20th level, though, in any level-based system. In fact, we've rarely even actually finished a campaign. Usually we kinda just stop playing.

It's been over two years since I've last done any role-playing. Which sucks. How do you people, especially the ones with jobs and families, make the time? How do you play when you're all grown-up and nobody seems to have the time? I am so envious of you guys. I wanna play! I've been playing for 15 to 20 years, and I don't want to stop now!

- Timo -