Author Topic: Wither thou new and shiny?  (Read 8763 times)

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Wither thou new and shiny?
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 06:04:12 PM »
Ah, close enough if we count everyone who posted.

So should I just put it on my website, submit it to the Guild Companion, or get ICE to put it in the Vault?

Offline Cowboy

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 07:24:32 PM »
I'm not currently running a Spacemaster game, but loved the main rulebook. I thought it had the best filler text of any game I've recently bought. I skipped ahead and read all the interludes before reading the rules. :)

Seconded. Those interludes were absolutely rocking. Each one brought a smile to my face.

It's easily the finest fiction pieces I've ever seen in a gamebook. Admittedly, most fiction in gamebook fiction does suck mightily but there's a few good ones here and there. The stuff in SM:P, though, really made me want to play the game.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 08:01:08 PM »
Thank you!
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline DJRJ_AU

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Lost & Confused...
    • Surviving Suburbia
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 09:26:51 PM »
Thank you!

You're welcome!  Do you suppose you could give us more filler text?  In, ohhh I dunno, the new GM's Book perhaps?   ;D  :D

crabshtick

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 08:47:18 AM »
      yeah,
          id love to see more spam products too!
    i have to say that i read all of the interludes first as well and loved them. got the book on christmas day and just buried myself in it!

cheers, mark.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Kentucky Fried Gamers
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 09:15:06 AM »
I read them first as well.  I really hope that SPAM sees some love before too long.
Life is like a dogsled team, unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

Offline Steve_990

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 03:01:34 PM »
I actually really liked the Privateers universe. It really lent itself well for easy setup and play. It wasn't overly complex in it's setting, so you could pick up and go once you explained the races to the players. I for one don't want to see the GM book anywhere near as much as I want to see the Jeronan and ISC books. I'd love to know more about the setting.

Thanks for all the awesome work Defendi!

Steve.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Kentucky Fried Gamers
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »
So what's the latest in the SPAM world?
Life is like a dogsled team, unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 02:28:43 AM »
So what's the latest in the SPAM world?

I hear that that theme park is being set up in Hawaii.  :D

I wouldn't mind seeing, even if it is by "civilians" and just put in the Vault, some rules for Spacemaster rules covering Traveller 2320, Shatterzone, and whatever others people are willing to do.

I am such a lazy, lazy gamer.....
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline DeadBob

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »
You know what I'd like to see for Privaters?

A complete listing of ALL the ISC systems. The main book indicates that there are 357 ISC systems, of which only 49 are listed.

I myself have added about 20, but it is TEDIOUS!

Now, I'm not looking for a hardcopy product. I think it would be wise to go with .pdf downloads, as the up-front cost for ICE would be FAR less, and the availability for players would be far greater.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 10:47:45 PM »
More SPAM.  Seems a shame to allow a talent like Defendi to go untapped.

The SM core rules are so tight throwing out the setting and making your own is easy.  Still, I'll never frown at new materials.

And yes, your fiction is excellent.

Fanboy mode off.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 03:24:42 AM »
Well I thought I just I'll just chime in. Many of my players have been complaining about the lack of SM:P material and I agree.

WE WANT MORE SPACEMASTER MATERIAL!!!!!!    :wave:

Been to lazy about creating a campaign of my own, but now that time has come to an end and we are just in the porcess to launch a full Privateers campaign. Although the players will not start as Privateers from the beginning they are a group working towards getting a ship and becoming Privateers to earn a fortune and glory.

Once word got around that I was starting a Spacemaster game people started to sign up and wanted to join but had to set the limit at 6 players but was fun to see some new faces showing interest in gaming.

So far we have an interesting mix of characters:
  • Unnamed (Human Soldier)
  • Jim Boone (Human Pilot)
  • Rekzss (Falanar Recon)
  • Lephurin (Oort Technician)
  • Simon Knight (Human Soldier)
  • Unnamed (Falaris Psycher! Yes you heard right, a Falar Psycher!)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 09:36:04 AM »
Chorpa;
 One thing you might want to do is to maybe have a play by net game on the side where those who could not join your face to face game could play out some of the opposing faction. ie there is a race to an artifact so what would the other team do. And you can keep track of the time points to see if and when the two cross.
 The big thing is to not have one group feel like they are opposing the other outright or saying "Boy you guys are going to have a tough one tonight as I really plan on making this hard".

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »
Chorpa;
 One thing you might want to do is to maybe have a play by net game on the side where those who could not join your face to face game could play out some of the opposing faction. ie there is a race to an artifact so what would the other team do. And you can keep track of the time points to see if and when the two cross.
 The big thing is to not have one group feel like they are opposing the other outright or saying "Boy you guys are going to have a tough one tonight as I really plan on making this hard".

I have actually been thinking about doing just this to run two seperate groups in the same campaign or maybe work together with another GM that is one of the players in the campaign we are about to launch. He could run a seperate gang in and I run a seperate gang. That way we could also reduce some of the workload and we would just keep a journal to see how the effects from one group can affect the others or atleast let rumors of their activities reach em. But at the moment I don't have enough time as it is (Working on filling out the whole Dungeon of Terror map from 0one Games as a final adventure on our story path in Rolemaster at the same time). But I will take a talk with the other GM/Player to see if we somehow could arrange something and since we would be in each others group we can use the information to keep tabs and steer each group in the right direction without it being forced.   :Joker2:

An now with the new of the ICEverse it might just happen. Never been to much for playing over the internet, but nowdays the tools are getting so good I am considering it since we don't have to match every players time schedule and meet up.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 01:45:50 PM »
 I have also done a Co-GM game where we were both the GM and divided up the load. I have also seen two GM's for a group of players to make the task of running the game easier.
 But the main point is to have fun no matter what GM option you chose to use.

Good job on the 0one stuff I have seen some really good things from you guys.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.