Author Topic: Armsmaster warriorblade  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Armsmaster warriorblade
« on: April 22, 2019, 04:36:50 AM »
Does the armsmaster`s warrior blade have any limits to how many spells from that list the blade can "carry" at the same time?
The noble warrior lists states that only 1 spells from the list can be active at the time.
But Armsmasters list does not state that!!
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Armsmaster warriorblade
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:29:21 AM »
Almost every storing spell on all other lists(Essence/Alchemy/etc.) end up allowing just a single spell to be stored.

You can always add more as a higher level effect as a GM to make your player character salivate for the day when they can finally attain such a power, though!

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 12:00:44 PM »
There is a chart in one of the Companions or in the Core Rules regarding number of spells per item.  It's closely related to size of item. For example: Ring = 1 spell, Staff = 3 spells, Armour = 6 Spells.

* - I'm just showing estimates, these are not from the actual chart.  I will try to find the actual numbers when I get home.

Is this what you are referring to?
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline brole

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »
I noticed spell 17 - Blade Store states that only 1 spell can be 'stored' in a warrior blade at a time although this doesn't quite cover 'active' at a time.

As for having 2 or more spells active at a time on the 1 item I guess it depends on the GM and you'd need to rule for all spells in the game.

I'd say "no" to having different elements active at the same time.

Maybe a ritual or spell mastery is needed to get more than 1 spell active on an item.

e crits all round

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 07:26:30 PM »
Edit: sorry, looking at the RMSS version. Disregard if you are looking at the RM2/RMC version.

There are a bunch of instant spells that last 1 round, stacking is irrelevant for those since you can only cast 1 spell per round so you'll never have more than one anyway. Aside from those, we have Weapon Enchantment (permanent), Loyal Weapon (permanent), Weapon Expertise (reduces fumble), Cleaving Weapon (works as a tool), Protect Weapon (cannot be broken), and Nemesis Weapon (level 50 mastery spell).

I don't see any issue with allowing all of those to stack. Weapon Enchantment is a prereq for everything else, so that has to stack. Loyal Weapon is also permanent, so not stacking would be problematic. Cleaving Weapon isn't really a combat spell, so no concerns there. Protect Weapon is a fairly lame spell if it forbids the instant spells from being used. And Nemesis Weapon is 50th level, at that point doing crazy things should be part of the bargain.

The different versions of Weapon Expertise of course would not stack with each other.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 01:41:08 PM »
1rnd/lvl....
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline Prince Finnion

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 01:34:09 PM »
As this is an RMC/RM2 question I think the question is from the 17th level spell: Blade Store (F). "The caster can store one of his own spells in his Warriorblade to be cast at a later time.  Only one spell can be stored in the blade at a time."

This is only found in RC7 p67.  It is consistent with other Store spells. 

I do not have nor use RMSS so I can't comment on the class from that system.

As far as stacking effects I outlined it to my players like this.  If you are a 50th level character you would have imbued your weapon in this manner:
Minor Warriorblade +10
Lesser WB              +15
Greater WB            +20
Golden WB             +30
Lord WB                 +35
WB True                 +45
Total=                    +155
[this does not include the number of adders, pp multipliers, or fumble reduction that would stack]
An NPC Fighter at level 20 lists it's total OB as 160 to put it in perspective.

I stay away from stacking effects because it causes imbalance and makes the game to easy for the PCs, unless I stack the effects on the NPCs as well but that's a lot of extra work.

Final note: This is my favorite class because it's as powerful in many aspects as the Paladin without the religious restrictions (depending on the setting).

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 04:10:03 AM »
As far as stacking effects I outlined it to my players like this.  If you are a 50th level character you would have imbued your weapon in this manner:
Minor Warriorblade +10
Lesser WB              +15
Greater WB            +20
Golden WB             +30
Lord WB                 +35
WB True                 +45
Total=                    +155
[this does not include the number of adders, pp multipliers, or fumble reduction that would stack]
An NPC Fighter at level 20 lists it's total OB as 160 to put it in perspective.
You probably never noticed the "turns (previous version) into (new version)". You know, "turns into" as in "it is not any longer of the previous type but is now of the new type". Meaning it cannot stack.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Prince Finnion

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 09:08:30 PM »

You probably never noticed the "turns (previous version) into (new version)". You know, "turns into" as in "it is not any longer of the previous type but is now of the new type". Meaning it cannot stack.

I was pointing out why you DO NOT stack the bonuses as it would be day too OP.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk