Author Topic: ERA for Rolemaster - Custom static maneuver Tables  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Ephraim

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA for Rolemaster - Custom static maneuver Tables
« on: September 02, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »
I'd like to add the static maneuver tables from "The School of Hard Knocks" to ERA.

When I look in RMFRP//Configuration/ManeuverTables/ I find the "rmfrp.maneuverTables.era" file that obviously has all of the default static maneuver tables and two other XML files:

Influence.maneuverTable.XML
Lore - General.maneuverTable.XML

Neither one of those maneuvers show up in the Adventuring module. In trying to use them, I simply click on the "chess piece" icon listed as "Maneuver" or "Party Maneuver" and look for either "Influence" or "Lore - General" in the list. Neither one shows up. I was hoping that I could simply copy the XML format in one of those tables to add the other static maneuver tables.

Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA for Rolemaster - Custom static maneuver Tables
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:42:29 PM »
Hi, rest assured that all the maneuver tables should be included in the base free product.
When you resolve a skill (using the chess piece icon) you must first choose the skill to roll, and once selected you'll get the chance to resolve it using the corresponding maneuver table for the category, or the general movement maneuver table.
That's why you can't find Influence or Lore in the list, you must select a skill and not a category.

Let me know if that answers your question, and thanks for your interest!

...In checking to answer, I've discovered that Athletic - Endurance is not included, so I'll make sure to add it in the next version.

Offline Ephraim

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 11:55:28 AM »
Ahh, yes. I see now.

If I add skills, I just add them to the Skills.XML and either reference an existing Maneuver table or add one to the /Maneuver/ directory? If so, is there any special nomenclature that I need to be aware of for referencing the tables? I see skills reference "groupName", "categoryName", and "classification".

The examples provided only reference "staticManeuverTable". Some skills require "Moving Maneuver" or "Special Maneuver" though. Are those tables formatted the same way in the XML or do I need to change something?

Also, Is there some way to store simple NPC characters ahead of time without having to generate them as regular characters? It would speed things up if I could generate the NPCs in advance of the adventure rather than having to create them on the fly.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 09:45:46 PM »
I don't think there's anything special to consider in the group/name/classification if you stick to the style of the examples. Please let us know if something seems doesn't seem to work.

If a skill is marked as a Special Maneuver, it is assumed that the bonus is used not by rolling the skill but by some other mean (ie. Body Development, Adrenal Defense, etc.) That means it won't show up in the skill list during the adventure.
If a skill is classified as Moving Maneuver, it will be affected by armor penalties and the general movement modification on the basic character info.

If you are preparing the adventure, it might be better to create a normal character using the wizard, level it up without spending DPs, then manually assigning ranks only to the relevant skills.
Adding a special feature for NPCs would just end up being a reduced version of that I guess, but it might be added in the future if there is interest.
Remember that you can always add an NPC on the fly and just indicate hits, defenses, attacks and use it. You can also "copy" an existing character or NPC, so if you need 3 brigands you just add 1, configure it, and then choose to copy when adding a new character to the adventure.