Author Topic: ERA for RMFRP questions....  (Read 1487 times)

Offline AV1611

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA for RMFRP questions....
« on: March 14, 2018, 10:31:25 AM »
All:

I purchased Character Law, Spell Law, and Arms Law package for RMFRP.  I am building a character and have chosen Talents.  However, the Talents effects don't seem to apply to the appropriate skills/areas.  I purchased "Inner Reserve - Major" and the Talent isn't applying to my Dwarf's Body Dev progression.  Same thing with "Directed Weapons Master".  How do I go about making the Talents' effects apply appropriately???

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA for RMFRP questions....
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 07:22:22 PM »
The list in the Talent step of the Character Creation module contains only the descriptions for the talents and flaws.

Each talent can have widely different effects on the characters, depending on the specific rules used in each gaming group. That is not handled automatically by ERA.
If you have questions about how to manually affect a character with a given talent or flaw, let us know and we'll do our best to guide you.

Thanks for your interest in ERA!

Offline AV1611

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 09:07:48 AM »
Thanks, Voriig.  Yes, I'd like to be able to apply Talents appropriately.  While I'm no professional coder, I'm not totally ignorant either.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 06:13:20 AM »
You don't need coding skills, don't worry!
Most of the talents can be applied by editing the character sheet using ERA itself.

Let me know of some talents which are of interest to you, and I'll prepare a post (or maybe a video tutorial) on how to adjust the characters correctly.