Author Topic: Loremaster spel lsit question (comp II page 60)  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Loremaster spel lsit question (comp II page 60)
« on: October 10, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »
Yes, actually, Some one is playing a Sage in my game.

On this spell list there are 2 spells: Organize Knowledge and Retrieve Knowledge.

Neither of these spells require Spell points and their duration is constant.

Does this mean they are permanent? they are instant spells. So When does the spell end or how long does it last?

Is there a newer version of these spells in RMSS that better define them?
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Loremaster spel lsit question (comp II page 60)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 11:53:37 AM »
Yes, actually, Some one is playing a Sage in my game.
I pity you, as it's IMO an incredibly powerful profession.  ;)

Does this mean they are permanent?
I do play them as such, being constantly in effect and lasting permanently until an effect dispels them.

So When does the spell end or how long does it last?
The way I play it, the Sage only needs to successfully cast the spell once; then it's constantly in effect and lasting permanently until an effect dispels it, in effect granting the Sage a permanent +20 in Reasoning and Memory.

Is there a newer version of these spells in RMSS that better define them?
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »
I agree it is a powerful profession, and I am glad to see some one take something other than a destructive profession.

Basically permeates until dispelled is the way I read them as well. Thought about them being cancelled on sleep.  And the thought that they take no power points was a bit odd.
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »
RMSS kept the Seer (in Mentalism Companion) but lost those spells.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »
The sage became both a profession AND a training package in RMFRP.
The sage is a non spell user, with low costs and good bonuses in Lore, a kind of Bard without the magic.
The training package includes a spell list that grants a watered down version of the original powers from RM2.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 12:51:52 AM »
I like the Training Package list dealing with preserving books.  I have used it several times as I like bookish spell users.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 07:06:22 AM »
In RM2, that role was assigned to the Scholar.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Marrethiel

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 11:39:51 PM »
We use those Sage spells in our game, the GM has ruled that they are dispellable and count as active magic for the purposes of detection via spells and power perception. So they count as "noisey" but he also allows extra devs from them.
Gatekeeper to the Under-Dark: "Why are you seeking passage?"
Kal-El pauses in thought (briefly contemplating how to manage the Never Lie and Always Deceive curses on him), "I came to conquer all know-able universes".
Gatekeeper: You may pass.
Gatekeeper: Who are you?
Kal El: A tourist