Author Topic: Artifact armour.  (Read 3583 times)

Offline billybones

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Artifact armour.
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 07:52:30 AM »

Firstly, I have a natural affinity for Heroes rather than villains. I have only ever played one evil character (an evil mentalist).

I would be very reluctant to wear anything diabolical.

Lets face it, looking back at all the posts, none of us think this is going to end well.

Oh neither do I, in fact it almost certainly is going horribly wrong. I do however now have close to 130 DB against melee weapons so that's quick nice.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 08:07:58 AM »
Firstly, I have a natural affinity for Heroes rather than villains. I have only ever played one evil character (an evil mentalist).

I would be very reluctant to wear anything diabolical.

Lets face it, looking back at all the posts, none of us think this is going to end well.

I also have a hard time playing an evil/villainous character. :)

What if it was a "Good" demon?  Are all demons bad?  HellBoy comes to mind, Ghostrider, Nightcrawler?

Although you would have a hard time defending why you killed a "good" demon. LOL!  Which would then imply that you are the evil being, slaying good beings and you would again be wearing armour that is dielectrically opposed to your own alignment, which again brings us back to....

"...none of us thinks this is going to end well."

Personally, I see this ending with you as a bloody sponge, squirting blood profusely from every little wound you take.  "Poor guy.  Grab a mop."  The armour's defenses will kill you before any crit or bad guy does, but I am really interested in how it works out for you in actual combat.  Please, keep us posted.

Remember: The only Good Demon is a Dead Demon
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline billybones

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »
I figure that attaching people with crush weapons will help, but I don't think I'll be getting hit very often tbh, its just that when I do…...

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »
What Armour Type is it? Most guys in Plate 17+ are almost unmissable even with a extra +50DB.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline billybones

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »
4 or 20 which ever give the best outcome, still has to cause actual bleed damage and my adrenal defines works as it only acts as skins apparently.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
4 or 20 which ever give the best outcome, still has to cause actual bleed damage and my adrenal defines works as it only acts as skins apparently.

Now that is an interesting feature.  Who decides which is "better"?  You or the GM?
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline billybones

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 06:30:52 PM »

Now that is an interesting feature.  Who decides which is "better"?  You or the GM?

it's due to the speed that you are able to move I guess, so its 4 until crits start then it tends to move to 20