Author Topic: Gen Con 2014  (Read 21925 times)

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
Re: Gen Con 2014
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »
Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2014, 05:19:42 PM »
8 now - 6 Channel Cities and 2 Aram

RPG1460763    Channel Cities at Night
Rolemaster, playtest Edition
   Thursday
7:00 PM    3 hrs    $4    4
RPG1460764    Channel Cities at Night
   Thursday
10:00 PM    3 hrs    $4    4
RPG1460709    Intrigue in the Magical City of Aram
   Friday
3:00 PM    2 hrs    $2    6
RPG1464400    Intrigue in the Magical City of Aram
   Friday
5:00 PM    2 hrs    $2    6
RPG1460765    Channel Cities at Night
   Friday
RPG1460766    Channel Cities at Night
   Friday
RPG1460767    Channel Cities at Night
   Saturday
RPG1460768    Channel Cities at Night
   Saturday

** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2014, 05:36:50 PM »
Added everything to my Google Calendar (my events, beggarkings events (in case I can watch or help, although will probably have to duck out for his second event to grab some dinner before my events start up), as well as other events that I purchased tickets to).  Thursday is pretty well booked up for me from noon on and Friday is also looking kind of busy, but Saturday during the day is still pretty open for me to spend time in the actual hall, and sunday is wide open.  I purchased some generic tickets in case I get the opportunity to sit in on other things that look interesting. 
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »
Alright, I dumped an event to sign up for...
Channel Cities at Night / Sat at 10:00 PM slot.

I was going to do all new stuff I haven't done this year, but I just can't go to Gen Con and not play at least one RM event.

FYI, anyone trying for Paranoia there are two new events up for it. It's one of the most in-demand game system events there is... so they'll go fast. (I signed up for the Thurs night 7pm slot).
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2014, 06:43:13 PM »
Ok I tried signing up for the events, but they are all in conflict with other events I have signed up for. How do I override the conflicts?
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »
I was able to schedule both events. The "Intrigue in the Magical City of Aram" on Friday at 5pm for just me, and the "Channel Cities at Night" on Sat at 10 pm for all three of us.  Now I am also attending the Realm Works tips and tricks on Friday from 4 till 5pm, I hope they aren't far apart. I am not sure how to tell where each event is by what the give as location and what the map shows, nothing matches!
All three of us are attending the "Intro to sword fighting" on sat and it ends at 9pm, so there is a chance we will be a little sweaty....

Bruce

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2014, 09:28:21 PM »
If you follow the link that Cory provided above there is a drop-down with maps for each of the hotel conference rooms.  But if you need to see where each of the hotel's is relative to one another or to the convention center you can zoom in on the area using mapquest, google maps, or google earth.  Most of them are positioned around the convention center.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2014, 12:32:52 AM »
Thanks but I was directed to an interactive map of the places and one is separated by a good distance....The Realm Works seminar (which I really want to attend) is in the Crown Plaza. It is just before the Rolemaster event "Intrigue in the Magical......" I am not sure f I would make it on time... so I might have to cut the RW seminar short, if not cut it out entirely... dinner and all...

As of right now I am free Friday eve after the Rolemaster event. If anyone wants to get together for a few drinks let me know...PM me or what not.
I was thinking of attending either the Friday Night Live! or Unlockable Characters comedy events. We could meet at one of those if they serve drinks (food is a bonus).

Bruce

PS Are we still on for dinner at 430pm on Sunday? I have one event (Savage Worlds) that day from 2pm to 4pm at the Marriott.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2014, 01:59:12 AM »
Well, now that I think my schedule is pretty much set (unless I can attend a new Star Wars at a time that doesn't conflict with what I have)...

I'm up early for a Thursday morning one hour seminar, then into the dealers hall until 2pm.  Have a go at Wings of Glory 2pm-4pm, then free from 4pm until 7pm... then into Paranoia until midnight.

Friday is fairly booked 10am-11pm (have four sporadic hours free in there - most of which will probably be spent relaxing/eating). Five hours of seminars and four hours of Space Hulk.

Saturday is utterly booked 10am-1am (I've only got 2 hours free in there).  I may regret Saturdays schedule... if I look sleepy it won't be due to your GMing Wolfhound.  11 Hours of events!

Sunday I do an early one hours seminar again (if I can manage to wake up and get there on time) I've got the rest the day free.  I'll probably hit the dealer hall again to see if there are any good deals going.
- Cory Magel

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2014, 03:49:33 AM »
Actually, Wolfhound, if you'd like me to drop the RM event Sat so someone new to RM can try it out I'm be completely fine with that.
- Cory Magel

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2014, 05:48:51 AM »
I am glad things are coming together, it was sounding a little bleak there for a time.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2014, 06:06:16 AM »
Cory, do whatever you think.  From a time perspectivr th late saturday event is the only one of mine that anyone has claimed tickets for so far.  As far as being tired, that's not a big deal on my end but if it is toommuch going on that day for you, do what you think is best.

Bruce, if I'm not too worn out after the last rolemaster event that night I might be able to, just a matter of is I get much sleep the night befor.

On Bruce's note about locations, beggarking did you notice thatmyour two events are located in two different buildings, even though theymare sceduled one right after the other?  If I'm able to swing by your first event I can help you get stuff gathered up and moved from the Marriott over to the JW Marriott (they are on opposite sides of the big parking garage that sits next to the Indianapolis Convention Center).  As it is my first event that day is sceduled on the exact same table that your second event is scheduled at right after yours is done.

Offline BeggarKing (Thomas)

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +40/-40
    • Wandering Monster Studios
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2014, 02:29:58 PM »
beggarking did you notice thatmyour two events are located in two different buildings, even though theymare sceduled one right after the other?

Yeah, I noticed that - surprised that happened. Luckily the Marriott and JW are fairly close, but it means I'll have to really watch my time. Weird that we have the same table - coincidence?
Adventurer walks into a bar with Flint and Steel. Bartender says, "Don't start anything."

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2014, 03:09:56 PM »
I have that table for both of my events that day (one right after the other), and another table in that same room for the remaining four events that I'll be GMing over the following two days. 

Last year the six events I ran were at 4 different tables but all where within the same two rooms that were right next to one another (on the second floor of the older Marriott Hotel), but then again I set the events up last year with a 2 hour block of nothing in between (so I'd have time to grab some dinner between).  So I think they generally do try to have similar events in the same area when possible.  In fact those two rooms that I was running in last year had the same 4 or 5 of us running most of the multiple events in those rooms around that time. 

But with that said, it is odd that they scheduled your sessions in different buildings.  Not sure if you want to, but it might be worth contacting Derek Gruder about it to see if it was a mistake or if they simply didn't have any tables available at the JW Marriott at that time.  They may simply have overlooked that your two events were one right after the other but scheduled in different buildings. 

If they can't change it and you are stuck needing to make the walk from the one to the other, be sure to let me know as I can probably head over there a little early and let others who show up for your second event that you are on your way, and with how I've got things arranged with my sessions I can probably let you use the table for a little extra time if need be, and try to shift each of my events back a little (as I doubt anyone is running anything after me, or I'd be surprised if they were anyways due to how late it will be getting). 

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2014, 12:29:50 AM »
Good grief.  I just realized I booked myself for 13 hours on Saturday.  Maybe I'll skip the event between Numenera and RM.  Otherwise I'm booked straight from 3pm-1am Saturday night.  I suspect I'm going to want to eat some real food in there somewhere.

Where did everyone end up hotel-wise?  I'm in the Omni.
- Cory Magel

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2014, 11:00:02 AM »
Good grief.  I just realized I booked myself for 13 hours on Saturday.  Maybe I'll skip the event between Numenera and RM.  Otherwise I'm booked straight from 3pm-1am Saturday night.  I suspect I'm going to want to eat some real food in there somewhere.

Where did everyone end up hotel-wise?  I'm in the Omni.
I'm in the Candlewood Suites Indianapolis south. It's a 30 min ride from the convention area.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »
Mrs. and I are at the Hampton Inn.
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2014, 04:05:05 PM »
No idea where I'm staying at, as I'm staying with some friends who reserved a room that is out by the airport somewhere.

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2014, 12:54:29 PM »
At this point one of beggarkings events is nearly full (5 of 6 tickets claimed) and the other is half full.  Two of my six events are full, one is nearly full (3 of 4 tickets claimed), one more has a singlemseat open while the other two are still completely open.  So there are still open seats if anyone else is interested. 

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2014, 02:10:09 PM »
Is it allowed to record your event for uploading to YouTube or other such medium? Or live streaming?
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.