Author Topic: Mucking around with CC3 & FT3  (Read 1370 times)

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
Mucking around with CC3 & FT3
« on: July 10, 2013, 11:36:53 PM »
I've just picked up copies of both Fraftal terrain 3 & Campaign Cartographer 3. I've already created one fractal world, then mapped out an island on it.

Who else enjoys mucking with both or either?
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: Mucking around with CC3 & FT3
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »
I've had CC3 package for years and I love it. Created quite a bit of floor maps with it. It takes a bit of time to understand how it works as its an AutoCAD-type software. Highly recommend them both. I make the maps in CC3 and display them using MapTools. Best combination out there in my opinion.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:21:54 AM »
The UI drove me crazy in CC3. It's just inefficient.

I was using Dundjinni for a while but have not used it recently. It's a little slow and sometimes there are Java issues, but there is a ton of free art for it.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:26:04 AM »
I've used CC3 quite a bit, but it's clunky with a terrible interface, and buggy.   It's also very easy to corrupt your files.    I installed CC3 on my new computer recently and none of the bitmaps in my maps are coming through now, because it's not all self-contained in your map file, it's using textures and bitmaps from the various add-ons and symbol packs you may have added on.   In short, it's a mess, but if you stick through the steep learning curve you can do a lot of pretty awesome things with it fairly easily.

Offline Keen_Man

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 12:45:25 PM »
CC3 rooooooocks

I am part of the cartography guild at http://www.cartographersguild.com/ theres tones of amazing stuff there and the new youtube tutorial videos for CC3 are amazing

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 11:04:33 PM »
I have about eight of the CD's (CC3, City, City Source Maps, Dungeon, Overland, Floorplan, Castles, and Temples.  Unfortunately I just don't have time to play with it enough to get decent at it yet.  I also think I need to reinstall since I'm getting errors when trying to do some things when I do take a few minutes to play with it.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Keen_Man

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 09:02:52 AM »
I have about eight of the CD's (CC3, City, City Source Maps, Dungeon, Overland, Floorplan, Castles, and Temples.  Unfortunately I just don't have time to play with it enough to get decent at it yet.  I also think I need to reinstall since I'm getting errors when trying to do some things when I do take a few minutes to play with it.

Step one when installing if your on windows 7 you HAVE to right click the installer files and run as administrator or it acts weird forever

step two get the patches. Best thing is register on the website and get in their forum

step three watch these awesome videos http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6YZiP9vTmt8rEpraPEfrIg its like getting a years experience with the program in an hour