Author Topic: Alcoholic Rules  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Alcoholic Rules
« on: July 13, 2013, 11:29:43 PM »
I can't recall where rules for alcohol and getting drunk are in RM2/RMC

Can Anyone help me find these?
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
Re: Alcoholic Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:16:52 AM »
I can't remember if there have been rules, but I run them as poisons. 1 Pint of alcoholic beverage is the trigger for a RR. I use the % of alcohol as the RR lvl and I enact an additional -10 RR per extra alcoholic beverage.
Failure by 1-25: some intoxication: frank speech, happy times. 26-50: moderate intoxication: slurred speech, things become unclear. 51-100: Heavy intoxication: Seeing double, movement difficult, Bad decisions. 100+: Bad intoxication: No recollection, very sleepy, no sense of reality.
Addiction factor is just 0.1 (roll every 10 beverages)
Game On!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:41:52 AM »
 Or was it everyone pick a primary and secondary skill, when that skill is called to be rolled you drink 1 if it is a failure, drink 2 on a natural 66 and drink 5 on a nat 100. Only 5 drinks in a beer.  :D
  Or were you thinking of something else?
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 01:48:27 PM »
We've always used it similar to a poison as well, which isn't far from reality. 

We would throw in modifiers.  Dwarf drinking Dwarfen ale.  Elf drinking Elven Wine.  Human drinking Ale.  Then the cross overs.  Human trying to drink Elven wine.  Elf drinking Dwarfen Swill (Which any self respecting elf would never do!)  And so on.  We would add the negatives to rolls versus the effects of cross-race beverages.

We would allow Drug Tolerance to be used for the RR.  Lacking that, the Con bonus could be added.  We would use the standard RR table. LVL v. LVL with the appropriate minuses.

There is also a table we used, which I have to go back to look for, that allowed for interpretation like the Stunned Maneuvering table, I believe.  We just made the negatives impact actions and changed "rounds of stun" to "hours of inebriation."

I don't recall if there were Option Rules for drunkeness.  I'll have to look this weekend if I have some time.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!