Author Topic: Guild Companion October 2011 (Issue 152)  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
Guild Companion October 2011 (Issue 152)
« on: October 10, 2011, 04:31:05 PM »
Greetings from the Guild Companion, Issue 152 is available at www.guildcompanion.com.

Once again, we didn't meet our deadline (some tricky equations tripped us up).  But, we have the latest installments of the Art of Fighting and the Stellar System Generator for your reading enjoyment.

Peter Mork
Acting Guild Companion Editor

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Re: Guild Companion October 2011 (Issue 152)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
You might want to fix the title that says "The Art of Fighting, Section 6, Thrown Weapons" at the top of the article on two-handed weapons and in the table of contents.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:22:54 AM »
Thanks to you (and others) for catching this.  I think it's all fixed.

Offline Nders

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Ancient GM
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
Great work on the art of fighting articles Mork - I really enjoy them. This last one though seems rather thin. I miss the Mattock and flail weapons. Also will there be an article on mounted weapons in the future?

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:05:26 AM »
Thanks, but all of the credit goes to the author.  My role is merely to polish the prose and identify glaring inconsistencies.  The series does not include any mounted weapons (but, we welcome such a submission!).  After armor (in November), the series switches to special (fantastic) moves using a new mechanism that you'll be able to read about in December (IIRC).

Peter

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 08:25:13 AM »
Thanks, but all of the credit goes to the author.  My role is merely to polish the prose and identify glaring inconsistencies.  The series does not include any mounted weapons (but, we welcome such a submission!).  After armor (in November), the series switches to special (fantastic) moves using a new mechanism that you'll be able to read about in December (IIRC).

Peter

I am looking forward to the armor and new mech. articles. I also like the article series but I am still stuck on the Weapons of Novi series you did way back when. I know that you can use both and I am looking to integrating it if need be, when I have the time that is.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.