Author Topic: (How to convert Monsters, Characters/NPCs & Items...From D&D to RM?)  (Read 6713 times)

Offline rustorod

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: (How to convert Monsters, Characters/NPCs & Items...From D&D to RM?)
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2019, 07:03:17 PM »
My group still plays AD&D 1st ed.  8)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2019, 07:15:11 PM »
We are also playing 5e (alternating with RM), and i have to say I am not a big fan of 5e. It is as the earlier poster said, too simple for me. There is very little depth to the system, while at the same time much of the complexity that it does have is needless.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 08:53:05 AM »
We're  playing 5e, too. I like it, but agree that it's far too basic at times and complex at others.

Characters don't have nearly enough options available in some ways. A typical character has fewer than five skillsmand they rarely go up by an appreciable amount. Learning something new is especially difficult. Magic users uses are either stuck knowing very few spells or forced to only use a few different ones per day.

This rigidity forces other complexities. There are way too many playable races leading to wacky parties. Our current party is goblins, some sort of weird goblinlike creature, two robots,  a dwarf, a variant human, and a vanilla human. Every single one of us is a different character class ranging from fighter to artificer.
No pre-written adventure survives contact with the GM.