Author Topic: 2 questions regarding Talents/flaws and Arms Law  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Ragmok

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
2 questions regarding Talents/flaws and Arms Law
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »
The questions are totally unrelated

1st question, In RMC arms law, why are the individual attack and critical tables unlisted in the table of contents?table of contents simply stops at 52 and picks back up at 110, right where all the most important combat tables are listed. Now I understand that you can simply start at page 52 and flip to the needed table, but this slows things down quite a bit.

My question is: what was the reason for this? Surely this would have been found during even the most basic playtesting, such as when any melee/ranged character or monster used their melee/ranged weapon in combat... (I ultimately just printed off a piece of paper with the page # of all the tables...)

2nd question: has anyone tried using the talents/flaws system from Character law (RMFRP) with a RMC campaign? Does it fit in without much problems, and/or do you have any tips for doing so? I know that RMC character law has some background options, but it is severely lacking compared to (RMFRP) Character Law's collection of background options.

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: 2 questions regarding Talents/flaws and Arms Law
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »
Talents from RMFRP are usable in RM2 or RMC, but you need to make some conversions to make it fit, both in the cost structure and some of the bonus structures. (Like stat to stat conversions).

Per my suggestion the tables were alphabetized rather than arranged by weapon category then alphabetized, so it's a bit easier to find a table in the hard copy book via flip and stop than in the previous versions, but I'll admit it is a trifle irritating not to have a page number to skip to on the TOC using the PDF.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com