Author Topic: Cost of Magus made items  (Read 913 times)

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
Cost of Magus made items
« on: July 09, 2010, 01:31:04 PM »
Recently this came up in a game. Just how would you costs magic items manufactured by the Magus in Companion 3. The rules for Alchemist manufactured items just don't seem to fit.

Does anyone else use the Magus? and how do they handle costing?
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow

Offline Lord Garth

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Cost of Magus made items
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 02:13:46 AM »
I've run a campaign with a Magus in it, but I disallow my players to make gold selling items. Ok, I don't exactly say they can't go and sell items, but if they make noises in that direction I point out the many evil dwellers who would like to enslave gifted crafters. It usually does the job.

As for pricing, it is true that it seems like Magus and Alchemist items differ in terms of creation costs, just in man days a Magus takes just about twice the time if memory serves right. There's some information on Castle and Ruins regarding how much a court mage costs per month, you could just add that monthly figure to the Alchemist cost of an item I guess.

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
Re: Cost of Magus made items
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »
I'll have a look in Castles and Ruins. Then there are the embedded spirits of the higher level spells. They may not be willing in being imprisoned in a magic item. That could have 'interesting' results later on.
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow