Forum > Cyradon

The Three Thousand

(1/6) > >>

Old Man:
Hi all,

Anyone give any thought or have suggestions for the break down of the (few, several, "about three") thousand refugees? (Aside from PCs that is. :) ) Or do GMs prefer it to be up to them to define it, aside from notable NPCs (Grayson and whomever is introduced in modules)?

Regards,
Old Man

markc:
 IMHO one of the big things is where the people are going and how to feed them. So I think some notes or input is very important.
MDC

Old Man:

--- Quote from: markc on November 28, 2012, 09:00:07 PM --- IMHO one of the big things is where the people are going and how to feed them. So I think some notes or input is very important.
MDC

--- End quote ---

That was something my wife and I were pondering - what % of the refugees decide to vacate Belynar for the surrounding small towns (Nabdur, Sefnar and others not named) in attempts to create their own communities. The Ritual may have created a season's worth of ripe fields - but that will need people to harvest (and survive harvesting) and then till for upcoming years (the Ritual being roughly around early Spring in the Cyradon calender if I recall correctly).

(Then my mind wanders to the overall politics of the area. Grayson, et al, declared Belynar a Free City but what about the surrounds? Though once Shival lands, and now abandoned, do more conservative Elven (Janieal) elements declare the lands as Arali or do more liberal (Desnian) elements let the Humans (and their Allies) divide the restored lands as they see fit (such as the land grants in Ruins of Kausur).)

Regards,
Old Man

markc:
 As to politics I think it all happens and takes some time to work out. Maybe even a few fights breakout here and their with merc companies being countries proxies.

If we are talking about after the ritual with new fertile land I think the cities would try and get people out into the fields ASAP. ie get the food before something happens to it.
 Why? Because how would they know it is permanent? Maybe the new land undergoes some flux and its boarders change. This could happen soon and if land is lost at a quick rate then it would spur the quest for the other stones (I think it was stones. It has been a while since I got very deep into the product)

MDC

Zut:
Unless the majority of the refugees are adventurers, I believe that most of them would settle outside/around Belynar. Even after the ritual, the city seems like a dangerous place, with lots of unexplored areas. And there are the monsters and constructs of the coliseum that can brak free anytime. The refugees will need a home and food. The ruined Belynar doesn't seem fit for this task.

I thought that it was the Janieal who defended the regugees against the conquering attitude of the Desnian? I think I remember the Desnian trying to convince/force Grayson to be a protectorate. The other political factions opposed to this.

Yes, the Ritual was during the night on the first day of the new year. There were three comets on the sky. I wonder if the other rituals (with the other tears of life) will restore that much land after that (no more comets). And do you think the other rituals will need to be held in Belynar again?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version