Author Topic: Rolemaster : What have you done with it?  (Read 6305 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster : What have you done with it?
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 05:09:51 AM »
Chello!

*Snip*

The other is to bring in some Spacemaster elements and run a Heavy Metal type game, based off of Din or and the last segment in the movie.

Tony

"STERRRNNNNNN!! Hangin's too good for 'im! Burnin's too good for 'im! That low down, double-dealing, back-stabbing, perverted wooorrmmm.........."

Run that segement.  ;D
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Taurren

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Born to Game
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 08:17:06 AM »
Let's see now .... the question really should be, what haven't I done with Rolemaster

-steam-punk fantasy? Check  In fact I'll be starting a new Iron Kingdoms game using Rolemaster in 2 weeks.  WOOT
-western?  Check
-modern - horror mix? Check
-straight Sci-Fi?  Check  Both for a space opera type game (SM) and a hard science game (Transhuman Space)
-Modern - fantasy mix?  Check
-Historical? Check  Both Rome and the Fall of Constantinople
-Amber ?  Zelazny's Amber?  Check  I created a Pattern, Logrus, Trump and Shadows mechanic based on the ADRPG and it worked out great!

I think the only thing I haven't done with RM would be a Toon version, or a WW styled Werewolf / Vampire game.
I came, I saw, I rolled some dice.

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 05:18:06 PM »
Nothing so far as I've just been a player of RM. But that said I'm working on a homebrewed fantasy world inspired by Poison Elves,Elflord,Fritz Leiber's Lahkmar & Thieve's World. Dark n' Gritty S&S style fantasy with Elves , Gnomes & other Fey creatures.

Plus I debating on creating a homebrewed Cyberpunk setting inspired by Steven Barnes' Aubrey Knight trilogy ,Bladerunner & GitS anime or Cyber-Post Apocalyptic setting inspired by Battle Angel Alita,Road Warriors/BTD ,Cyborg, Fallout & Doomsday.I'd be using the Cyberspace & SM2 rules for these.

Plus a conversion like Shadowrun to Cyberspace/RMC.If I can get access to the core SR supplements.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »
Taurren,
 The WW system is very easy to port over to RM as I have done it. The bigest thing I worked on was the powers cost. I think I set the powers at 25DP.

Also IMO a WW Mage crossover to RM might be a bit difficult but it also might be just what some people need for there game.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 07:00:48 PM »
-steam-punk fantasy? Check  In fact I'll be starting a new Iron Kingdoms game using Rolemaster in 2 weeks.  WOOT

RMC or RMFRP/RMSS?

I would be very interested in anything you have put together on this as I have also been looking into doing an Iron Kingdoms game - only using HARP. But, some elements of the mechanics can be translated easy.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Taurren

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Born to Game
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »

RMC or RMFRP/RMSS?

I would be very interested in anything you have put together on this as I have also been looking into doing an Iron Kingdoms game - only using HARP. But, some elements of the mechanics can be translated easy.

We'll be using RMSS / FRP for our IK game.  I should have the RM versions of the Gun Mage and an IK Assassin class completed next week.  One of the parts I love about RM is the modularity and flexibility of the system.  And since we're converting our D20 characters from an earlier campaign, I've told the players that I'm willing to make some adjustments to the RM classes to better fit their concepts.  Once they're done I can send them to you if you'd like.

Other things I'm working on include how Essence / Channeling and Mentalism work with the Gift of Thamar and the magic of the Orgoth.  My biggest challenge will be creating the Arcane Mechanic and Bodger classes that a couple of players are interested in playing.  The Construct Companion is coming in very useful indeed.
I came, I saw, I rolled some dice.