Author Topic: D&D is a cartoon..i want Role Master's critical hits in  (Read 2015 times)

Offline pier

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
D&D is a cartoon..i want Role Master's critical hits in
« on: September 12, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »
ok i played to RM years ago.
then i played other games, but noone like RM.
this is beacause RM has the Critical Tabs ( ok there are other things, but the critics are the stong point )
Now i play at D&D 3.5 and sometime Star Wars D20 ( beacuse my Master use these systems ).
But without the critics...u know it's like a japanese cartoon...u get 50 damage pioints but u fight at ur full capacity.
that sucks.
i have 2 questions

1) there is a place where i can find the critical tabs of RM or a thing very similar ( body locations, additional effects ecc ) ?

2) i want to convince ( or to force hihi ) my Master to add the critical hits to D&D 3.5, after a couple of years of manga-like combats i want to see arms and legs cutted fly around lol.
Do u think that could work ?

thx

Offline bottg

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Arion Games
Re: D&D is a cartoon..i want Role Master's critical hits in
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »
Arms law was originally released as a combat add on for "Popular RPG Systems" including those using a D20!  There are pdf's of Arms Law available from the ICE store, and i think they even have D20 conversion notes

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »
Originally, Rolemaster was written as an addon to the original D&D.

Here is a way that you could easily add RM criticals to d20 (D&D 3.5). Basically, if, in 3.5, you roll a critical, you roll on the critical table instead of just doubling damage. This is basically an off-the-cuff method.

If a weapon has a crit range of 18-20, then it will do A (18), B (19), or C(20) criticals, and so forth. Other weapons would be based on their crit threat ranges.

Roll, add your BAB, if the dice roll is in the crit threat range, and the attack hits, then roll on the critical table accordingly...

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »
 You can also roll an additional dice to determine if the crit is an A, B, C, D or E. You just have to create a table with the above values.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »
Or use HARP D20fied.
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc