Author Topic: Monk Base: Mind Over Matter Durations  (Read 513 times)

Offline nash

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Homepage
Monk Base: Mind Over Matter Durations
« on: November 15, 2023, 03:48:10 PM »
So I posted as an errata too, but I'll repost as a new thread:

- Duration for Body Weaponry I, II & III is 1 min/lvl
 - Duration for Body Weaponry VI & VIII is 1 rnd/lvl
 - Duration for Body Weaponry IV is (and I quote)  "1 /lvl"

So main question is what is the correct duration for Body Weaponry IV?

And second question why are VI and VII nerfed?  Like seriously VIII is a 35th level spells; why the change to rnds instead of minutes?
Worried it may be used for 2 combats?  A Sorcerer can put a -25 penalty to pretty much all actions for 1 day/5 fail to 1 target/lvl for instance (Mass Mind Shock on Mind Destruction).

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Re: Monk Base: Mind Over Matter Durations
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 06:48:14 PM »
They were all 1 round/level when my final draft went in. Probably, somebody decided to power it up and didn't finish the job.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 07:35:24 PM »
So should it probably be 1 min/lvl for all of them now then? Or 1 round?

If they were instant, I would say they definitely all need to be 1 round/level rather than 1 minute. But they are not instant, so that needs to be factored into their power level.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 07:46:27 PM »
Yeah, we felt like monks had too many short duration non-instant spells, it made them less effective than they might appear on first glance. 1 rnd/lvl is appropriate for instant spells, but monks will tend to be use their instantaneous actions for adrenal defense. 1 min/lvl gives a little more opportunity to cast those spells before combat starts and have them not run out halfway through.

It looks like the higher level spells got out of line during layout and we didn't catch it at that point. The intention is they should all be 1 min/lvl now.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster