Forum > Rolemaster

GMs! What r the 3 best/most successful modified rules u have added to your game?

(1/2) > >>

Druss_the_Legend:
1) Weapon Specifications (graduated damage and combat abilities for each weapon category eg. free shield bash action)
2) 2d10 initiative (+ 1/5 Ag/Qu mod)
3) Player Reward Coins (XP bonuses and possible skill rank buffs for good roleplaying)

PiXeL01:
1 - open ended initiative: d100 +( Temp Me/Qu) with no phases, just fastest acts
2 - locked dev pts at 60 per lvl
3 - Free lists for casters (two for pure/hybrid, one for semi)

Druss_the_Legend:

--- Quote from: PiXeL01 on July 02, 2022, 12:22:08 AM ---1 - open ended initiative: d100 +( Temp Me/Qu) with no phases, just fastest acts
2 - locked dev pts at 60 per lvl
3 - Free lists for casters (two for pure/hybrid, one for semi)

--- End quote ---

Nice! loving the open ended initiative with no phases.

OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol:

* Not tying spell lists and professions to magical realms.
This differentiates magical realms not by the spell lists they provide but as sources of magical powers (IN RM2, despite being described as sources of power, realms are nothing much more than spell partitioning).
* Rewriting shield rules, so that using one gives a penalty to OB in exchange for a bigger DB bonus.
This gives using "smaller" shields a balancing advantage over "bigger" shield (in RM2, it's always better to use the bigger shield possible, despite smaller shields historically more popular over time).
* Adding accuracy to weapons.
It's harder to hit a specific location with a two-handed sword than with a dagger.

Spectre771:
Fate points.  At PC creation GM rolls a D4.  1,2,3 = 1 Fate Point.  4 = 2 Fate Points.

So much time and effort is put into PC creation, a Fate Point was the most welcome addition to the game.  The players love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version