Forum > HARP SF

Odd question about high gravity adaptation talents

(1/1)

Radimon:
I was going back through the HARP SF book, and noticed high gravity adaptation makes mention of having a short, squatty build. Does this actually change the character's height by some amount or percentage? Among the other modifications, the character incurs a loss of presence modifier (because the guys at ICE feel short people are less pleasant, I guess?). If that's the case, what happens if you mix it with the giantism talent, which increases height by 50%? Does the presence mod go away, assuming you get back up to at least normal height for your race (a pretty safe bet, probably)?

Davrem:
I don't use HARPSF as a space opera setting, so this isn't an issue in my games but I'd say your solution sounds good. I think the penalty is because the person would be, essentially, a mutant of their species and is likely regarded differently by others of their species. That's my guess.

Zhaleskra:
Scientifically, beings of higher gravity worlds would be shorter. As your character is not a native, hence "adaptation", this is because of the pressure mutating their body to something that yes, appears "mutant" to others of the species.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version