Forum > Rolemaster Software

ERA for Rolemaster - Creating characters and managing adventures

<< < (84/84)

Voriig Kye:

--- Quote from: Barwickian on April 04, 2024, 07:01:15 AM ---This update, downloaded from DriveThru, is causing Kaspersky to have fits. It's saying it's detected the PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic malware, and is now deleting all my ERA files.

Not sure at this point it the problem is with Kaspersky or with the update file, but I thought I'd flag it.

--- End quote ---

Hi! The antivirus issue was getting really annoying, it seems the way ERA starts the different rulesets was flagged as "suspicious".

So to prevent that, from the next release onwards, the Windows version will be a ZIP file, and the server will start using BAT files.
Hopefully that will settle it with the false positives.

You can get a preview of the next version here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/tt5k18qz8q091nbps9nec/ERA-for-Rolemaster-Preview-Windows.zip?rlkey=6ysybk432be8gqibjxs9qtkvn&dl=0

Let us know if that works ok for you.

Barwickian:

--- Quote from: Voriig Kye on April 05, 2024, 06:59:30 AM ---Let us know if that works ok for you.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that's working. Thank you.

NanoEther:
Subskills would be nice, allowing for a predetermined list of subskills to be made available. Could be expanded to include predetermined specialties. Though keeping the ability to type in an unlisted sub-skill/specialty may be advisable. Maybe add switches in subskill listing: subskill (Y/N, or require subskill/specialty to be typed) AddUnlisted (Y/N)

Voriig Kye:
ERA has been updated

* New features
* Added support for maneuver tables related to skills.
* Added random roller in Character Status module. Number rolled will be added to the character saved rolls.
* Redesigned saved rolls dialog to allow random and manual selection.
* Added Vocabulary.XML to allow configuration of words used in certain parts of the application.
* Added spell failures and fumbles as random tables to the Treasure module.
* Added role check (GM / Player) in the online server.
* Improvements/corrections
* The filter in the Treasure module will now search in any part of the table name.
* Added carrier filter to party inventory module.
* Added support for multiple file uploading in the Customization Module.
* Skill glossary files that mention ignored skills will no longer be skipped.
* Added option to filter beginning of skill name, using the caret ^ as separator.
* Removed failure button from spell casting dialog, will now be automatically opened when the casting fails.
* RuleSettings.XML is no longer part of the default installation, so that changes are not lost when updating.
* Package updates
* RMFRP Construct Companion is now available. It includes all training packages, random tables and spell lists in the book.

ErodoTak:
Hi! First, thank you so much for ERA, it's been very helpful, great software!

I run into some problems, not really sure if they are bugs, or I'm doing something wrong. I remember few updates ago when I was adding an item (either in the character module or the inventory module) in the reference field, when I wrote the item name, it was automatically adding the item from the default items list, meaning it was adding some description notes as they are in the original books, but it seems it's not happening anymore, it was specially helpful for herbs and such. Am I doing something wrong? Also, when I add items to party members in the inventory module, they don't appear in their character sheet :/. Besides, there is any way to remove items from specific party members in the inventory module?

In the last update is added a new feature, -Added support for maneuver tables related to skills. Where can I use this feature?, I can't figure it out

Thank you so much!

Edit: Forgot to mention, all this in the RMC ruleset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version