Author Topic: Uda Tyygk question  (Read 2825 times)

Offline arnecooper

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Uda Tyygk question
« on: January 15, 2010, 06:38:22 PM »
In the Iron Wind book there are maps of the levels of Uda Tyygk, the Udahir's hidden city. Are the shafts that connect the different levels supposed to be some sort of elevators or are they supposed to be massive stairs? Looking at the cross-section, there seems to be a half-mile distance between each level of the city. And the shafts that go up to the temples must be 5 miles each.

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
Re: Uda Tyygk question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 05:21:14 AM »
I suspect that it's like another underground city that was described once upon a time by ICE.  ;)

What is shown are the main levels, there's probably more levels in between, but they are living quarters, storerooms and all.

The towers are at 6 miles in height according to the text. so from the Level 1 to the top of the towers it's 6 miles high. 
The crater fields seems to be between 4 and 5 miles up.

As for the connection between each main level the drawings are not clear but it seems that it's an elevator system.

Now that I look at the thing I find all the things over exagerated, so I suspect that a great resizing is in order...
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline arnecooper

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Uda Tyygk question
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 09:56:19 AM »
I was leaning toward an elevator system. The scale of the cross-section is a little confusing. In the text the spires are described as being 10 miles apart, and Elor says the Thyfur land near a great gaping hole in the center of the crater, which Ydirak tells him leads down to the 7th level of the city, but it doesn't describe any stairs or elevator or any other method of descent. The text says the towers are 6 miles in height, but the color typographic map shows the peaks are at 13243' and 13666' above sea level, which would be less than 3 miles. So I'm assuming that the text is exaggerated somewhat. Anyway, I was just wondering how others handled this in their campaigns.