Author Topic: rolemaster professions in shadow world  (Read 4046 times)

Offline espardenyer

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
rolemaster professions in shadow world
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:14:43 AM »
Is it possible to take all the professions of rolemaster companions to shadow world?

Chaotic Lord, Moon Mage, Cristal Mage, Force Mage, Tarot Mage, Magus etc..

Offline TomOBedlam

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: rolemaster professions in shadow world
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:52:34 AM »
Do you want them in Shadow world?
If so, then Yes.

Do they fit into the mood of the world? I would say no. Even though we have a Chaotic Lord in "Norek", and he is such a good bad guy that I would allow Chaotic Lord for persons working for one of the great Evils (Not including the Arnaks, they have Messengers that fulfill that role)
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 11:23:51 AM »
Why not? If you feel it's ok, just go for it.  ;D

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »
It's a matter of selection from the GM point of view.

All the RM classes are possible in Shadow World, even the ones from RM VII and a few from Spacemaster.  ;D

After it's only a matter of will from the GM.
Do you want to have to deal with a character of this class or not ?

Once upon a time one of my gaming group was composed of :
- an Archemage
- a Chaotic Lord
- a Mentalist-Elementalist
- a Mentalist-Psionic
- a Montebanc
- a Sleuth
- a Fighter

and a few other I forgot.

There was only a few professions that were positivelly forbidden by our gamemaster.

514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 01:48:12 PM »
I would say yes, but the Moon Mage especially must be fun ... with all those moons. Definitely has to decide on one or he is going to be really difficult to play. ;D

As a more serious answer: It shouldn't be a problem. We always allowed all the professions to be played. We even had a Tarot Mage. RMCVI was never really used but some of those professions would quite well fit into a setting like Sel-Kai or even Kaitaine.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »
Namar Tol would fit the most advanced ( understand steampunkish ) professions. That restrict a bit on the race ;D but at least you can have the profession you want.
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Tim

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 08:14:19 AM »
Although Shadow world is up and running, its your campaign to run in any way you want so there you have it.