Author Topic: RMC spreadsheets for OOO2.4: Unlock Macros: Allen Maher  (Read 2365 times)

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
RMC spreadsheets for OOO2.4: Unlock Macros: Allen Maher
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:32:17 AM »
Please don't chastise (msp?) me by saying there is another topic on this matter.  Unlike most, I do NOT have the time to pilfer through the millions of posts here on these forums.  Nor do I have the time to find the proper topic.

The only times I visit the ICE site is to download new vault material (if any) and to purchase PDF versions of the RM/SM systems.

Thus, I created it here, not knowing where else to put it.  If needed, move it, but let me find the redirect here.  And, please, do not explain why I should have posted this elsewhere.  I am working a Full Time job, in college Full Time, have house work Full Time, tend pets Full Time, am rewriting my website (at least trying), and have No Time to spare.  Please spare me the chastisement.  Thank You.

My questions are directed at Allen Maher (handle unknown here):

How do I unlock the macros of your OOo spreadsheet?  How do I add OOo spreadsheets created by Allen Maher to Trusted Sources?

I already know about the Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Security.  I just need directions from there.

Thank you for your valuable time.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline allenrmaher

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMC spreadsheets for OOO2.4: Unlock Macros: Allen Maher
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 12:55:25 AM »
Unlocking the sheets...

Well first off the sheets are not password protected... just Tools/Protect Document/Sheet toggle to access anything there... second all macros are available from Tools/Macros/Organize Macros/OpenOffice.org Basic  and all are open to editing.

Security and Trusted sources....

You can either adjust security level to medium... and get a prompt upon opening, or add the directory where you store the file to a list of trusted sources...  (pre 2.4 when this sheet was written the security level was set by default to medium... now it is high and a new prompt upon loading.)

I may have a few tweeks to add, including signatures (probably worth while for templates at the very least)... and I may have an hour or two to spare this weekend.  Modified sheets will still have issues unless you store them in trusted directories or go through the process of signing them after leveling up or making changes... Or you could change settings to medium and answer the prompt to allow the macros to run anyway.

I haven't heard of an OpenOffice.org macro virus in the wild since 2006... and that was caught quickly... so in general medium is a fair level of security.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:14:17 AM by allenrmaher, Reason: adittional clarity »
Grad School, it's like slave labour, but without the job satisfaction or high social status.

Offline croakerdogboy

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Software Developer/Writer/ Indentured Servant
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 09:14:24 AM »
Please spare me the chastisement.  Thank You.

Relax arakish. You're among friends.  ;D
It is the fundamental theory of all the more recent American law...that the average citizen is half-witted, and hence not to be trusted to either his own devices or his own thoughts.

H.L. Mencken

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 10:10:27 PM »
Sorry A, just made me laugh, since Allen is only slightly more sneaky on the handle than Cormac.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com