Author Topic: House Rules for Utility Spells?  (Read 8574 times)

Offline vieja escuela

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: House Rules for Utility Spells?
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 04:04:23 AM »
IMHO (target = dead if fail RR),
no no no XD ,Even a critical  E only has 20 % of possibility of killing. A slept man has 100 % of dying. Closed level 1
a black chanel has a lot of Negatives to the TR that is its force.
And you are the only person of the world that  sees in the possibility of attacking 5 instead of to one a disadvantage.
3. Flash* 1 target varies 50' DE look   of tp lists instantaneous, you can cast the spell and them attack with de blade. level 3p instantaneus and  of essence the same realm

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2008, 04:50:44 AM »
Well, if you think that making U spells F type will not create any type of unbalance you're free to do as you wish.
You just seem to forget one thing in your examples: the spells you bring as examples can be used only to attack...  ;)
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline vieja escuela

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 06:02:59 AM »
yes you are rigth. I think that my system it isn?t perfect but I think tha it is better tham the standar. why if you can cast a spell that break his bones. you can`t cast one that send him 100 m over the floor. if you can cast fly or fall you can be fine (healt?)
On the other hand I have another way of controlling it of the telepor. to send someone with telepor  you
must to have been there or that someone have described it or you have see it. Well we enter a very special way of seeing the topic. And my English is very bad. I will try to explain. ( house rule too) I (use)think that the teleport looks for a destination inside the scope equal  to the description or to your mental image.
If we depart from it in the teletransporte  you neither can say sending someone to a kilometre of height since you neither have been there nor have seen it they you nor have described it and in addition it is equal to any other place of the surroundings.I am in the habit of demanding that at least YOU have a point of reference. (I am an engineer and me the topic goes, I like to interpret with logic to be able to interpret the results with coherence).
I uses that if the description is too vague and it  fits for multiple destinations  the most nearby (near?) it  is the one that is chosen.That way you cannot send anybody to the sea bed (very deep in the sea?). From a ship. And if you teleport yourself to a hotel it is possible that you appear in the room of  the side. Game has given my me very much with this rule.
I dont now if you like it. but I am interesting in know your opini?n Arioch. I like your opinions

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 04:16:36 AM »
yes you are rigth. I think that my system it isn?t perfect but I think tha it is better tham the standar. why if you can cast a spell that break his bones. you can`t cast one that send him 100 m over the floor. if you can cast fly or fall you can be fine (healt?)

Do you want a out-game reason or a in-game reason?  ;D
Out-Game: because that would make spell users too powerful.
In-Game: can be anything you like and that works in your game world. The most simple explanation would be "because these are the Law of Magic"  ;)

Offline vieja escuela

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2008, 06:31:59 AM »
first, I don?t think so.and I think there are most potent attacks in all the realms.
second, It is a poor reason. I was waiting more, mmm probably an interesting debate. But I was referring to know your opini?n of the teleport rule.
I am not sure but I can It is possible that I was confusing you with lord miller
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:48:05 AM by vieja escuela »

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2008, 08:17:02 AM »
first, I don?t think so.

I know you don't!  :laugh1:

and I think there are most potent attacks in all the realms.

Sure, but this is not a reason to give yet another application to an already very powerful spell. By making all U spells (including teleport) F spells you make such spells much more versatile. For this reason spell users will have to spend less DPs in their list (since having spells that have multiple functions will lower the need fo attack-only spells) and the game will be unbalanced in their favor.

But I was referring to know your opini?n of the teleport rule.

Oh, I like it! But how do you determine where people are teleported if they fail to give an appropriate description?
Maybe we should split this in a separate topic, so that other may join the conversation?  :-\

Offline vieja escuela

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 03:52:10 AM »
ok it Maybe  a separate topic.
But how do you determine where people are teleported if they fail to give an appropriate description?.
Oh, when com gives a wrong description for example.
 _fast, fast telepot us to my to the center of my room in the city, has a bed a window a table and it is about  100km away in the eastern part.
he teleports his group
Since almost any room in the zone fits in this definition 
 I would throw the dice to the hazar to decide if they appear in his room (01) in an empty room in an empty house without problems (05-08) ..........in a cell of the prison of the king (91-95) in half of a council of the capos (Captains) of the mafia (+100 or more)(Organized crime)