Author Topic: Director's Briefing - August 2022  (Read 1289 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - August 2022
« on: August 18, 2022, 04:41:48 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-thirty-third Briefing and eighth scheduled Briefing of 2022.

Gen Con 2022

It was a really good Gen Con. We were ably represented by Aaron Smalley, Nick Morawitz and Monte Iafrate, and shared booth space with Pointy Hat Games.

Although my spies inform me that attendance at Gen Con was down on previous years, doubtless as folk adjust to the new abnormal and the unpleasantness of current economic realities, our booth was a popular destination and our games even more so. Thirteen RMU sessions were run – 11 were sold out. Three HARP sessions were run and all three sold out.
At the booth, there was a brisk trade in product sales with HARP products in particular doing well. This was despite a printing problem with a few of the HARP Bestiary copies which we are in the process of reporting to DriveThru for them to take up with Lightning Source.

A particular draw for the booth this year were four spiral-bound tomes that were not for sale. These were “layout-in-progress” versions of RMU Core Law and RMU Spell Law. I am reliably informed that some fans made repeat visits to inspect them. At the end of Gen Con, the four copies were gifted to four superfans – Charles Town, Donald Forsman, Jacob Forsman, and John Hairsten. Next year, it will be real RMU books and not display copies.

Our place at Gen Con 2023 is already booked.   

Rolemaster and RMU

I am moving into my “Columbo” mode with regard to RMU Core Law and RMU Spell Law. This is where I find residual niggles and generally pester layout gurus, line editors, authors, marketing/art commissioners (that’s basically everyone involved) with “just one more thing” to fix. I am not entirely unreasonable and do batch requests up, but I don’t stop until I am happy.
Meanwhile our software gurus are well underway with getting ERA and Fantasy Grounds prepped for RMU.

HARP
HARP Subterfuge made it to pdf for July. I know from review ratings that early adopters are loving it and there’s already been requests about when it will come out in print. If you have found any minor errors in the pdf version, please flag them on the forums and we will adjust the master proof copy accordingly and get the print masters uploaded into the DriveThru/Lightning Source system.

Until next time

Please stay safe.
Best wishes,
Nicholas
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Eryius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - August 2022
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 03:19:22 AM »
So close now!

Must... have... RMU... books...

;) :D

Offline Kirsa

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - August 2022
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 11:14:23 PM »
It was an absolute blast and I am already working on the HARP adventures for next year. Thank you to Nick and Monte for being so gracious to me, Aaron for being just the absolute best gaming roommate I could have ever asked for, and to ICE for letting me have the opportunity to help spread the word about an awesome game. Thank you ever so much for the gift copy, that just blew me away and sat on my lap the entire flight home so it wouldn't come to any harm. See you all next year!

Charles Town