Author Topic: Golems  (Read 939 times)

Offline Dalewarrior

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Golems
« on: November 19, 2021, 06:44:38 PM »
Hello all,
A Steel Golem is coming up, and the rulesbook of Creatures & Treasures I says that it has as
Innate Abilities: Softer weapons must make a RR each time they deliver hits (wood –40; bone –20; iron –10).
How do you handle this in your games, and do Mithril weapons get a bonus?
Cheers,
DW

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Golems
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 07:21:01 PM »
I read that as meaning that stronger metals do not need to make a RR. Anything at least as strong as steel will be ok, and that certainly includes mithril.

For magic weapons, I would add the bonus to the roll.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Dalewarrior

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 06:50:06 AM »
For magic weapons, would you add lvl 1 vs. lvl 1 plus their respective magical bonuses?

Offline mrfantastic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 11:10:32 AM »
item level is the level of the owner . so a sword handled by lvl 10 character resist as level 10 but if this weapon is +15 resist as level 15 (+1 lvl each +1 bonus) if the weapon is made of stronger material like mithril it resist like lvl 20 charachter at +20 bonus. in this case the mithril no need to make any rr cause only materials softer than steel make a rr.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 06:24:58 PM »
There are, alas, several "official rules".
  • Alchemy Companion: section 5.1.9, p55, offers four options: the wielder's level, the creator's level, the level of the highest spell needed to give the item its (most powerful) effect added to half the level of all other spells needed to give it its other effects, and, at last, the highest between option one and three,
  • Treasure Companion: section 8.1, p40, suggests the highest level spell used in creating it,
  • Elemental Companion: section 16.2.1, p135, though it may only be for elemental weapons, suggests the level of the spell used to make the item, its creator's level or its wielder's level, similar to the Alch.C., but divided by 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, depending on the power level of the game (5 for low-power games and 2 for high-power games).
Let's notice that none of these rules directly grants special bonuses for special material such as mithril, though it's present as a byproduct of the Alchemist spell needed to forge it (e.g., "Forge mithril" is a level 15 spell).
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 07:55:27 PM »
For what it's worth, both RMSS and RMU use the level of the highest level spell needed in the creation of the item as the item's level.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Dalewarrior

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 04:55:18 PM »
Thanks guys!