Author Topic: Random maps  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Random maps
« on: May 18, 2021, 08:43:27 AM »
I'll be posting some of Craig's beautiful (mostly unlabeled) maps here
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Random maps
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 09:46:46 AM »
These are awesome (and I've always had a map fetish!).

Are there any plans to put labels on these? I'm currently running two RMU campaigns and would love to have better electronic maps.

Emer has a lovely set of maps with labels -- I'm thinking of the big one with little inset computer generated shots of locations in the margins. Jaiman has a lovely map in a different style (the one in the Rhakhaan book), but, although this map is equally functional (and a bit more detailed), the names and geographical lines can be blurry at times.

I would dearly love to have detailed maps of Jaiman and Emer in a similar style that I could pop into Roll20.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline metallion

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Winterdream Online
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 03:11:11 PM »
Fantastic map.

There is a strong opportunity here for sellable product to take this map and add the roads, cities, etc. that Terry's noted in the Emer books and sell that as a layered file that could be imported into GIMP or photoshop for GMs to make custom maps.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 09:42:21 AM »

There is a strong opportunity here for sellable product to take this map and add the roads, cities, etc. that Terry's noted in the Emer books and sell that as a layered file that could be imported into GIMP or photoshop for GMs to make custom maps.

That's like my Holy Grail!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Crivens

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 11:00:32 AM »
That is why I use a Geographical Information System (QGIS) to manage Kulthea (maps, realms, city maps, roads, places of power, etc.).
I still have a lot of work to finish it (hum, it will never be finished, but that is not the point), but when it is done, it is done and easy to update.

It as also a big advantage, using different layers, it is easy for me to hide those I don't want the players to know about...
Need to find a good signature...

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 03:18:02 AM »
it would be cool to have central base gis layers for Kulthea
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]