Author Topic: ERA: More Adventure module problems/questions  (Read 969 times)

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA: More Adventure module problems/questions
« on: April 17, 2021, 10:11:08 AM »
There seems to be a bug where if you add a creature from the template, the AT defaults to 1, if you do NOT change this then you get an error when you try and do an attack. Was this intentional? What the creature is naturally AT1?

Also, would it be possible to include a range text box for missile weapons so you don't have to consult Arms Law for range mods?

One more thing, when creating custom creatures, please list all the names of the Attack Tables as they must be, this needs to be exact or the attack won't work and I don't see them listed anywhere. For instance, for grapple attack I tried Grapple/Grasp/Envelop/Swallow and Grapple/Grasp/Envelope/Swallow and neither works.

Thank you.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA: More Adventure module problems/questions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 09:53:55 PM »
We've tried adding creatures and the AT seems to be the correct one. To check your issue you'd have to send some screenshots of the steps involved to the support account:
era–support.voriigkye@recursor.net

Missile/Thrown ranges are part of the weapon XML format but they have not been completed yet and also there is no visual for it. We'll try to add it in future releases. Thanks for suggesting it.

The list of attack available in ERA can be found by going to the about box from the main screen, then choosing to see the available components.
You can check the tutorial video, although the location of the links may have changed since then.
https://youtu.be/OP1_H0zVZuk?t=71

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 11:16:43 PM »
Ok I sent the screen shot.

For the attack tables, I see where they are in the about, but that is not what needs to entered in the Creature xml. For instance, this is what needs to be in for a Medium grapple. I figured this out by fiddling around, but I need a list of the ACTUAL attack tables as your program requires.

<Attack Bonus="75" Name="Medium Grapple" TableName="Grapple/Grasp/Envelop/Swallow"></Attack>

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 07:53:12 PM »
To let others with the same issue know, this is likely due to choosing Combat Companion in the customization for Armor and Attack Tables. Sadly the current version of the Creatures module works only with the Arms Law tables. We are working on improving this for future releases. Stay tuned.