Author Topic: MERP 2 Character Sheet/Calculator on Google Sheets (work in progress!)  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Miorky

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I haven't played MERP in about 10 years, but I got invited to a campaign on Roll 20, so I grabbed me a character sheet and rolled up a Hobbit Scout. I quickly remembered why I liked the MERP/RM style systems, but I wished the character sheet was a little more efficient. It's a necessity of course to have so much space dedicated to recording skill ranks and math, but it ends up meaning that there's a lot of repeated info, there's not an easy way to keep track of which skill ranks come from where, and the most important data doesn't stand out.

There's some other sheets out there but I couldn't find one that did quite what I wanted, so I made one. It's a work in progress, but right now the main sheet displays all of the information that the standard MERP 2nd Edition Character Record displays except spell lists, and I've got a ton of empty space yet to fill in where I intend to have spaces for equipped items, and spell lists, maybe more?

Here's what it can do right now:
-Calculate stat bonuses from dice roles including Background Option improvements & racials
-Assign adolescent skill ranks
-Show skill rank assignments for each level
-Add skill ranks, professional bonuses, item bonuses, special bonuses for total skill bonuses
-Calculate DBs, RRs, encumbrance penalty, Power Points
-Space for 5 Secondary Skills and 6 Languages including skill rank tracking/adding
-Show Stat Bonuses and some other commonly used values in larger font at the top of the sheet, including two "assignable" spaces to display your most used OB skills
-Adding custom races and professions should be as simple as adding new columns to the appropriate tables (the data tables are all on hidden tabs... as is the way with ICE RPGs, there's plenty of tables)

Here's the sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UyLvFcrT5oLkg_WdqgQi57-YkGXlT5QucBWIwW2mZto/edit?usp=sharing

Here's what I want to add:
-Data validation for rules enforcement. Currently the sheet doesn't really enforce any rules; you could select the Ranger profession and the Essence Realm, or utilize 20 Development Points in a level, and the sheet doesn't know any better. I don't know if I'll make the sheet actually reject data that violates the rules, but definitely flag it with a red highlight or something. Not rejecting the data leaves the sheet flexible for house-rules.
-Include spell list selections with skill ranks converting to % chance to learn, and then a way to mark them learned
-Main gear/equipment including adding their skill bonuses, spell adders and multipliers
-Inventory with weight for encumbrance (currently just a box to type current weight into)

Offline Miorky

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
This is what my Hobbit looks like on the sheet right now

I don't know if the link is gonna work, but hopefully the attachment does.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZYEdIvuUX9Uz6CEWyo9i5YEJ51e1-h9x/view?usp=sharing