Author Topic: Coming back  (Read 1087 times)

Offline CavScout00

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Coming back
« on: January 09, 2020, 07:04:07 PM »
It's been years since I've played RM. I'm looking for a game. Where When or How the heck do I find players now-a-days?

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Coming back
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 09:04:44 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

You might want to see this thread if you are interested in going the online route: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=19616.msg232257#msg232257

If you're more oldschool, you could try your FLGS (Friendly Local Gaming Store). DnD and Pathfinder often run events at local stores (The Adventurers' League and Pathfinder Society, respectively), which might provide your gaming fix, or better yet, hook you up with local gamers looking for a group.

I've also found that soliciting players at your place of work can sometimes be surprisingly successful. My own current group (about 15 years old and counting) grew out of my friend asking around at work (the local hospital) about anyone who wanted to play, and we've then supplemented that with one of my own colleagues from the University. Even if there is no one at your place of work that has played, there might be people willing to give it a shot.

Colleges/Universities often have clubs for this sort of thing too, so that is another option.

Best of luck. It seems in general that online gaming is much easier to arrange these days, but nothing beats a real, in person, kitchen table group in my humble (old school) opinion.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 10:31:50 AM »
nothing beats a real, in person, kitchen table group in my humble (old school) opinion.

Verily!
No pre-written adventure survives contact with the GM.

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 10:33:30 AM »
I've go t a local group looking to give RM2 a shot. We've been gaming together for a while now and decided to take turns GMing to give both of us a chance to prep the next adventure. She's running D&D and I'll be introducing Rolemaster. Maybe that would be a good "path to victory." :)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 10:50:17 AM »
I've go t a local group looking to give RM2 a shot. We've been gaming together for a while now and decided to take turns GMing to give both of us a chance to prep the next adventure. She's running D&D and I'll be introducing Rolemaster. Maybe that would be a good "path to victory." :)

That's exactly what my group does: we split time between Rolemaster and DnD.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 11:04:31 AM »

That's exactly what my group does: we split time between Rolemaster and DnD.

We still haven't gotten to the Rolemaster portion. If they don't like it I'll try Exalted next. Hopefully they'll like it. :)