Author Topic: Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Siltoneous

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons
« on: October 12, 2019, 10:01:12 PM »
Just saw this on Amazon Prime this evening.  If you're a fan of Fantasy artwork, you'll get a pile of it and their artists in this film.  Granted, it shows the progression of art through the D&D eye, but art is art, and a number of the artists shown worked widely in the RPG world.  For example Jennell Jaquays (previously Paul Jaquays) I recognized (*) from several ICE products, including Rolemaster companion III and at least some illustration from the Shadow World Master Atlas (v2) (pg 15).  I'd hate to think how many others I missed.

Hope you enjoy it as much as my wife and I did.

(*) Sheer, blind luck. I've been researching to resolve some thinking I've had on how far is too far when deviating from an "Official World Timeline". While following a 50 page thread on ENWorld, I one of the thread contributors mentioned "Jaquaying the Dungeon". Link:  https://thealexandrian.net/wordpress/13085/roleplaying-games/jaquaying-the-dungeon
I read the 6 part series, liked it a great deal and while researching the artist saw they had done some ICE work.  Simple as that.
"All right, move on! Nothing to see here! Please disperse!" Frank Drebin, Police Squad