Author Topic: Training Packages costs  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Hobo

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Training Packages costs
« on: July 18, 2019, 06:43:53 AM »
Ok I have looked through the Harp 2e core book a couple of times and unless I keep missing it I can't figure out the cost for Training Packages. I get that the cost varies depending on the skill/ranks involved but my question is:

Are the skills in the package regarded as "favored category" at 2 points per rank regardless of the purchasing characters favored or non-favored skills or do the costs vary between 2 and 4 points depending on what the character has listed as as favored or non-favored, then applying the discount to lower the overall cost?

Thanks

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
Re: Training Packages costs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:11:13 AM »

Are the skills in the package regarded as "favored category" at 2 points per rank regardless of the purchasing characters favored or non-favored skills or do the costs vary between 2 and 4 points depending on what the character has listed as as favored or non-favored, then applying the discount to lower the overall cost?

Use the characters favored and non-favored categories.

Offline Radimon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 08:14:55 AM »
Cut-and-paste from the rulebook, Page 60, second column:

Training Package Cost: Training Packages are purchased at a 25% discount. The cost of the skills in a Training Package depends on a character’s favored and nonfavored categories. Total the cost for the entire Training Package and then apply the discount to get the final cost of the package. So a Training Package with a total cost of 20 points would have a final cost of 15 points.
Murphy's Law says 'Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.'

I think Murphy was an incurable optimist.

Offline Hobo

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 09:21:17 AM »
Aaah....I see your referring to the area labeled in Bold type, clearly explaining the costs.

How I kept missing that I'll never know.

Thanks!