Author Topic: GaryCon XI (2019)- Geneva Wisconsin  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
GaryCon XI (2019)- Geneva Wisconsin
« on: February 28, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
Will anyone else be attending GaryCon this year in Lake Geneva Wisconsin?  If so I am scheduled to run a single Rolemaster Unified session on Thursday evening and hope to also run several sessions in the Open Table area over the remainder of the weekend if there is enough interest. 
Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
Re: GaryCon XI (2019)- Geneva Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 01:06:54 PM »
It is a bit late, since GaryCon was about 4 weeks ago, but I had misplaced my documentation of the people who played in the New Rolemaster demo at GaryCon and just found it last night. 

But I wanted to thank the following players for participating in the game (in case any of you have registered on the forum, since all of you were new to Rolemaster, although I know one of  you is a big fan of HARP (Pat) so is probably registered here):
Mark H.
Pat F.
Phil T.
Chad S.
Mark C.

Also Phil, Chad and Mark C have a friend that they were at GaryCon with (who's name I can't recall, even though we sat and talked for a while in one of the bars at the resort for a while Saturday evening).  But I wanted to also thank him, as if it wasn't for him trying to convince the other three to give Rolemaster a try, they probably would not have signed up for the game. 

The group of five guys who participated in the game played really well off of each other.  It was a very fun and entertaining session.  They were hilarious together as a group of adventurers.  It was definitely one of the top 10 most entertaining game sessions I've run in my 35 years of GMing Rolemaster. 

I would also like to thank Mark C. (who I know is on the forums here, but am unsure of his ID) for inviting me to GaryCon (he has a booth there every year), as well as his friend Kevin T. who has been a regular and volunteers some time there.  They both introduced me to several people there as well as a few additional people over the previous two years at GenCon (since Mark and Kevin seem to know a lot of the insiders at both conventions due to their connections to the Gygax family and others within the industry. 

I had a fantastic time there and hope to return again in the future (not sure if I'll make it next year, but definitely will again at some point in the near future). 
Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: GaryCon XI (2019)- Geneva Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 01:18:02 PM »
Nicely done, man.

Glad it was a good time shared and RM being top of mind, too!

Thanks for doing that for the game, also...hope ICE rewards you for it(hint, hint!).