Author Topic: Bought the entire SM2 Core for RMU Shadow World  (Read 2726 times)

Offline kwickham

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Aioskoru
Bought the entire SM2 Core for RMU Shadow World
« on: January 07, 2019, 07:24:08 PM »
I've posted recently in Shadow World section that I was hoping for an RMU SW version, which I understand also uses Spacemaster2/RM2?

I bought these books to help fund an Shadow World RMU adventure at release and to help me understand any SM stuff in the world. I imagine that Spacemaster Unified would be in the distance, so I may actually need to use these books.

Would these books cover the Spacemaster tech stuff in Shadow World?

If not, it is still going to help motivate a RMU Shadow World adventure by anyone, including third parties. I'll figure out how to use them differently if they are not used in Shadow World, maybe to compare Psions to RMU 3 realms and Arcane magic. I thinking that Arcane -> 3 realms -> Psions.

So, in addition to buying 6 books of different $7 or less SW books, I also bought now for Spacemaster.
$5 Spacemaster2 GM book
$5 Spacemaster2 Players book
$5 Spacemaster2 Tech book
$8 Spacemaster2 Star Strike
$7 Spacemaster Companion2
$30 total
$31 SW stuff
= grand total $61 SM2 & SW stuff to help motivate for RMU Shadow World Adventure available at release of RMU.

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Bought the entire SM2 Core for RMU Shadow World
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:28:43 PM »
The SM2 Player, Tech & GM Books do have all the info needed to cover any tech that might come up in SW.  I'm fairly certain that you don't technically need SM to play SW as SW was an RM2 setting (originally).  There is crossover with SM2 (Altha Empire) but I don't think SW was ever marketed to need any SM2 books to play.  Certainly they add depth and flavour - but they're not needed per se.

Hope this helps!

Nightblade ->--

Offline intothatdarkness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 10:27:05 PM »
The SM2 Player, Tech & GM Books do have all the info needed to cover any tech that might come up in SW.  I'm fairly certain that you don't technically need SM to play SW as SW was an RM2 setting (originally).  There is crossover with SM2 (Altha Empire) but I don't think SW was ever marketed to need any SM2 books to play.  Certainly they add depth and flavour - but they're not needed per se.

Hope this helps!

Nightblade ->--

You are correct as I recall. SW was slotted into the SM universe to some degree I believe, but the core intent with marketing was always Fantasy. I had to reconfigure Sea Law to place it in Kulthea. actually.
Darn that salt pork!

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 10:47:11 PM »
I'm glad you did!  The Kulthea info in Sea Law really helped me figure out some important naval issues I was having on my world of Nytheun.  Thanks for such a great supplement!  I refer to it quite a lot.

Nightblade ->--

Offline intothatdarkness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 09:05:42 AM »
I'm glad you did!  The Kulthea info in Sea Law really helped me figure out some important naval issues I was having on my world of Nytheun.  Thanks for such a great supplement!  I refer to it quite a lot.

Nightblade ->--

Glad you liked it. I'd actually created a framework for the naval stuff based on a generic setting, so even in its original form you would have had that kind of information.
Darn that salt pork!

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 08:16:57 PM »
Well once again, thank you for such a great supplement!

Nightblade ->--

Offline intothatdarkness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 08:35:00 PM »
Well once again, thank you for such a great supplement!

Nightblade ->--

You're very welcome! :)
Darn that salt pork!

Offline kwickham

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Aioskoru
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 07:38:59 PM »

Hope this helps!

Nightblade ->--
Thanks!

Cool. I might eventually look at it more eventually. So far, I barely looked through the books mainly at the Psion organization.