Author Topic: The Emerian Tour (Campaign Starter)  (Read 1286 times)

Offline BrianI

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
The Emerian Tour (Campaign Starter)
« on: June 27, 2014, 06:20:39 AM »
Howdy All,

So, considering setting and campaign starting - I have at least two players hooked into playing some Rolemaster (RM2), and I might as well make it a native campaign and avoid translating too much. I have extensively less time than I did when RM2 and SW were first published (ahem).

I really dig the Bay of Izar (and esp. thanks to Emer I, I have a set of great location maps), and very much want to put Emer III to use (contemporary, plus great locations).

At the moment, I'm considering running a Bay of Izar-launched caravan to Ardan City. Essentially this looks something like "The Way to Sarnak" (Emer I, p116 - 117) run in reverse. The caravan launches from Sarnak, with PCs signing on, eventually reaching Qye (no sense ending at Arakin). From there, it's the arduous journey through the Cloud Pass. Once the caravan arrives, its any number of adventures from Emer III.

Resource wise, btw the way I'm also very grateful and lucky, in retrospect, that I picked up a series of old Shadow World materials at Dundracon's flea market this past Feb. Specifically:
  • Shadow World v1 Master Index (booklets, no map or box)
  • Emer (Emer booklet, Addendum, no maps or box)
  • Eidolon (no map)
  • Emer I: Haestra
I've since acquired the extremely delicious Emer III (pdf thus far) - obviously.

Commentary, thoughts, etc.?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: The Emerian Tour (Campaign Starter)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 09:30:49 AM »
Nice, I love those flee markets and I have myself got some great deals in the past. I especially love the donated books by game companies flee markets and at times I have been able to buy a book even before it gets to the table by asking the GM if I could buy it right there (ie take the $ to the store/event crew)
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 10:54:14 AM »
Sounds awesome! Wish I could play in that campaign!

Also, if you're looking for more pre-made adventures or adventure suggestions, I remember that the Tales of the Loremasters modules had lots of little quests, and many of them could be set pretty much anywhere.

Also, Tanara and the Isle of Aranmor on Jaiman are not too far away; a quick trip by skyship out of Eidolon could take you there.

Have fun!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline BrianI

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 11:05:25 PM »
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. I don't have the Loremaster collections, sadly. I was considering what I could pull from the Emer (original boxed set) - was thinking of relocating the Pyrmids of Varna further south / east than expected. ;)