Author Topic: Old Spacemaster 2nd Edition Products Release Schedule  (Read 33105 times)

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Old Spacemaster 2nd Edition Products Release Schedule
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 08:29:00 AM »
That's really too bad.  Thank you for trying, though.

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 06:26:21 PM »
Any chance we could get a few bundled deals for the Holiday season?

For instance:

Classic Adventure Bundle
Core Rulebook bundle
Boardgame bundle
Space Combat bundle

or something similar?

>>ReaperWolf

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 02:36:35 PM »
Any chance we could get a few bundled deals for the Holiday season?

For instance:

Classic Adventure Bundle
Core Rulebook bundle
Boardgame bundle
Space Combat bundle

or something similar?

>>ReaperWolf

I am not a fan of bundles. Partly this is because we, our licensor, and, for quite a few products including all the newly available Spacemaster pdfs, the authors, get paid royalties on the sale price. If I cut the sale price, everyone gets less money. Instead I determine what I believe to be a fair price for any product that will enable it to pay its way in the world and set it thusly.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
I'm not sure if PDF-based RPGs follow the same pricing and sales trends as video games, but if they do, take a look at some of the numbers Brad Wardell (CEO @ Stardock) and Valve (owners of Steam) release when they have sales.

If they don't, then feel free to ignore of course.

Offline TerryTee

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 05:05:39 AM »
There is also a Space Master Companion (called Space Master Companion I) for 2nd edition rules (blue cover, looks like a cantina).
Is there a release plan for 2nd ed Companion I, item #9002?

-Terry

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 07:06:50 AM »
There is also a Space Master Companion (called Space Master Companion I) for 2nd edition rules (blue cover, looks like a cantina).

-Terry

If we can find its author and come to a mutually satisfactory arrangement, then it will go up. If not, it stays in limbo.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »

-Terry

If they can find the authors and they agree to the product being sold then I would say yes ICE would do it. As to a date? ICE has plans to rebrand a lot of other stuff before getting to SM2 titles, unless the rebrand is easy to do.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »
Another book I would love to get my hands on is "Aliens and Artifacts".
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 11:20:18 AM »
Had a copy and lost it in the last few months.  :(

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 11:32:27 AM »
Do  I at least get points for persistence???
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline fanman

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 03:50:12 AM »
Any of these products going to be in hard-copy? It seems, from initial glance, that only the PDF version is available for sale.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 05:43:42 AM »
Any of these products going to be in hard-copy? It seems, from initial glance, that only the PDF version is available for sale.

Unfortunately, no, not as currently presented as the build files for these products were lost years ago. We do want to release an Imperium setting sourcebook in the future for HARp SF and eventually unified Spacemaster.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Jraffa

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »
Hmm... first post here. Glad to hear the Imperium is coming back instead of the Privateers universe. And that brings up a question. Will the Silent Death timeline be integrated back into things? I had a thought for the ending to Terry's trilogy...everyone converges on Ondoval's stronghold with the Soulsword...defeats him...destroys the Soulstone...then the Dia Khovaria,to make sure the job is done,brings in one of it's warships and bombards the site from orbit with Mk 100 Plasma Cannons!! Ondovals not dead though and in a last act of revenge before being atomized by the bombardment activates a long dormant K'ta'viir bioweapon...seeded throughout their old empire millennia ago...a horror the Imperium eventually names ...the Night Brood. Scary thought that. Happy Halloween!!

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 08:35:35 PM »
Welcome Jraffa. I like the idea that the Night Brood are an old K'ta'viir weapon.

While the pdfs of the SM2 setting (Imperium) are being released, I have no idea if that is going to be the official setting if/when they start to re-do the Spacemaster RPG, though, like you I prefer over the Privateers setting.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
The Silent Death timeline will not be integrated into a returned Imperium sourcebook. As far as we are concerned, the Imperium does not fall and the Brood do not exist.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Jraffa

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »
Nice to hear. The Imperium has too much potential to die so soon and so quickly.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »
I'd still have an enemy similar to the Brood.  A hostile alien race on the frontier the Empire wars against.  A few light years out from the frontier is the occupied and smoking remains of the Brood Home World, with the enemy empire still controlling a hundred solar systems.  Far to small to ever defeat the empire, but a great adventure hook.  Primarily I could see a real xenophobic fervor sweeping the empire, with Emperor all to eager to promote humanistic patriotism, so easily channeled into faithful vassals.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 08:27:10 PM »
Does anyone know or have access of the correlation of the Silent Death star maps to the Spacemaster 2nd Ed maps?  I would really like to find that info..

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 09:38:12 AM »
Hmm... first post here. Glad to hear the Imperium is coming back instead of the Privateers universe. And that brings up a question. Will the Silent Death timeline be integrated back into things? I had a thought for the ending to Terry's trilogy...everyone converges on Ondoval's stronghold with the Soulsword...defeats him...destroys the Soulstone...then the Dia Khovaria,to make sure the job is done,brings in one of it's warships and bombards the site from orbit with Mk 100 Plasma Cannons!! Ondovals not dead though and in a last act of revenge before being atomized by the bombardment activates a long dormant K'ta'viir bioweapon...seeded throughout their old empire millennia ago...a horror the Imperium eventually names ...the Night Brood. Scary thought that. Happy Halloween!!

Oh myyy!  8)
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2014, 07:53:43 AM »

Unfortunately, no, not as currently presented as the build files for these products were lost years ago. We do want to release an Imperium setting sourcebook in the future for HARp SF and eventually unified Spacemaster.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

I would SO love to do this! (As if I don't already have enough on my plate/platter/desktop). Or maybe at least edit it, since no one knows more about the SM2 Imperium than Barrett and me.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.