Author Topic: Orsai culture...  (Read 2490 times)

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Orsai culture...
« on: February 13, 2011, 11:08:49 AM »
I realize the Orsai will be pretty uncommon percentage wise in Belynar but the text does specifically state some merchants, deserters, and other Orsai fleeing the ToA wound up in Belynar so why no Orsai culture?

Was it cut due to space considerations or was it overlooked? I realize I can just cook one up with the existing cultures, although how they're described they're more of a mix of Urban and Nomad, but we have Skaldi and Tarahiri but no Orsai.

Also, looking at the Gryphons in Cyradon, was it intended for their aerial maneuver/attacks as 'Swoop' or 'Stoop' on page 78? I thought stoop meant to crouch.

One last question about Gryphons, specifically their armor. They wear soft and rigid leather, besides the differing DBs due to camouflage stated in Cyradon page 96, do these armor types conform to soft and rigid leather for minimum Maneuver penalties, PP increases, etc.?

Regards,

>>ReaperWolf

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Orsai culture...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
I realize the Orsai will be pretty uncommon percentage wise in Belynar but the text does specifically state some merchants, deserters, and other Orsai fleeing the ToA wound up in Belynar so why no Orsai culture?

Was it cut due to space considerations or was it overlooked? I realize I can just cook one up with the existing cultures, although how they're described they're more of a mix of Urban and Nomad, but we have Skaldi and Tarahiri but no Orsai.

It was decided, at the time, that any Orsai living in Tarahir were more than likely to be using the Tarahiri cultures than anything else, especially with the war raging on for the number of years that it has been going on.

Plus, space was a consideration as well. So there were multiple reasons why it was not included as a separate culture.

Also, looking at the Gryphons in Cyradon, was it intended for their aerial maneuver/attacks as 'Swoop' or 'Stoop' on page 78? I thought stoop meant to crouch.

Stoop is a type of dive.

Refer to item #3 on the list on this page http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-books/raptors/adaptations.htm for an example.

One last question about Gryphons, specifically their armor. They wear soft and rigid leather, besides the differing DBs due to camouflage stated in Cyradon page 96, do these armor types conform to soft and rigid leather for minimum Maneuver penalties, PP increases, etc.?

Yes, the intent was that the Gryphon armor conforms to the same specs as all other armors of the same type, except as how listed (i.e. all penalties and such were intended to be the same).