Author Topic: How do I make new Training Packages?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Mordenkainen

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
How do I make new Training Packages?
« on: January 22, 2011, 07:49:28 AM »
Have any official rules been published? If not, I'll take unofficial.  :)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: How do I make new Training Packages?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »
 Yes in the Download section there is a TP generator program that can help you. I think but am not sure there there is also an article at The Guild Companion on how to build a TP.
 Note as far as I know there are no rules for generating the special stuff above the skills. And that is some of the places many people have trouble with TP's.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 10:07:37 PM »
I'm told that originally It was 3/4 of the actual cost.  But when some of the more massive and involved TPs came along they started applying a sliding scale.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 12:24:05 AM »
 AFAIK in the past there was no official formula and then one was created. That article should also be in the download section. IIRC.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 02:08:02 AM »
IIRC, there was supposedly always a formula, but (a) it got changed several times and the feeling at ICE that they were still making adjustments made them hold back releasing it, and (b) individual TPs had their costs adjusted by hand when the formula didn't give desired results.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 03:30:57 AM »
IIRC, there was supposedly always a formula, but (a) it got changed several times and the feeling at ICE that they were still making adjustments made them hold back releasing it, and (b) individual TPs had their costs adjusted by hand when the formula didn't give desired results.

I agree but I do not know the truth. I do know that they did release the formula in a doc and then re-costed all of the TP's. That is a great feat IMHO and makes the game a lot better.
 Now watch this hand while I do something else with the other. Or is that ignore what I do with this hand while I do this with the other.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 05:00:09 AM »
According to Brian Olsen (I think it was him), who used to work for ICE many, many years ago, there was a formula, and it it did get changed, multiple times (which explains why similar TPs had such varying costs). Brian then released the "current" formula shortly before he left ICE and a wonderful lady named Shiela from the RM mailing list created a spreadsheet using those released rules.

That spreadsheet can be found at http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item456

That spreadsheet was used to create the Master TP Cost lists that are also found in the Vault. The Master List is the only place, I think, where you will find the costs for all TPs made all using the same formula.