Forum > HARP

Cost for Spell Adders and Power Point Adders

<< < (2/5) > >>

craig:

--- Quote from: mocking bird on January 30, 2006, 09:09:43 AM ---I would figure out how much it would be to make permanent a magestaff or holy symbol spell permanent
--- End quote ---

Mage Staffs and Holy Symbols *are* permanent.  the more powerful they are, though, the longer and harder they are to make - you have to cast the spell on the item once a day (only) for each increase you're giving the item.   that's still easier than the rules for making most permanent magic items.

--- Quote ---and then up it considering it will be used by someone other than the spellcaster.
--- End quote ---

"Unkeyed" is a 6PP scaling option for Mage Staff. anyone making PP or spell adders for other people would use that option.  makes it easy to figure out the cost.

BTW, speaking of Mage Staff, i have written a set of similar spells to create Wizards Robes (magical armor DB), Wizard's Bracers (magical shield DB), and Wizards Weapon (bonus and elemental crits).  with Cleric Sphere and Thaumaturge Circle versions (Thaumaturge versions have unkeyed as an option).

they all start off fairly weak, but have lots of scaling options.  essentially, they're a merger of the Mage Staff/Holy Symbol spell and Mage Armor, Spell Resistance, Elemental Resistance and a few cantrips (for Wizard's Robes); Mage Staff plus Magic Shield for Wizard's Bracers; and Mage Staff plus Elemental Weapon and Imbue Bonus for Wizard's Weapon.

they're all pretty much finished - i'm not 100% sure if i've got the right base PP cost for Wizard's Robes.  Currently 12PP but i suspect i didn't calculate it right and it should be a little higher - perhaps 14 or even 16.  scaling option costs were copied straight from the spells i pinched them from, except for the embedded cantrip options (Remain Dry, Repel Filth, Repel Tiny Insects, and Repair Clothing) for Wizard's Robes.  i set them at 2PP each.  the other two spells have a base cost of 12PP (same as Mage Staff), and i think i've got them right.

no doubt these spells explain the proliferation of basic magical weapons and armor in high-fantasy campaigns :-)

anyone want them?  is there anywhere on this forum to post stuff like that or should i submit them as an article to The Guild Companion?

NicholasHMCaldwell:

--- Quote from: craig on January 30, 2006, 11:54:11 PM ---
anyone want them?  is there anywhere on this forum to post stuff like that or should i submit them as an article to The Guild Companion?

--- End quote ---

Submit them as an article for the Guild Companion and include the Aspect and Attribute costs.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
I second the article for Guild Companion option..

Maelstrom:

--- Quote from: Rasyr on January 31, 2006, 10:16:41 AM ---I second the article for Guild Companion option..

--- End quote ---

All those in favor say, "Aye!"

*listens as the roar of affirmation dies down*

Motion carried.  Next order of business?
 :D

craig:

--- Quote from: NicholasHMCaldwell on January 31, 2006, 03:24:06 AM ---Submit them as an article for the Guild Companion and include the Aspect and Attribute costs.
--- End quote ---

ok, i'll try to write them up as both a set of new spells and a HOWTO/tutorial on using the CoM spell design rules.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version